Thread: Delta DJ20 - Craiglist

Delta DJ20 - Craiglist

I'm new to the forum and would like to say HI!! I would like some advice about a jointer on Craiglist. I'm in the market for a jointer and I came across this one for sale. Would this be a good buy or should I pass and just buy the Grizzly G0490 version of this? The delta is $500 and the Grizzly is $895 with free shipping. I already know the specs for both of them also. In the future I will upgrade to a 12" but just do not know when. I thank you for your advice.

http://houston.craigslist.org/tls/1305411904.html

Geaux Saints!!!!!!!

That DJ 20 is a great jointer. it wont last that long at that price. the rust is minimal and will clean right up.

Dave

Some mistakes are just too much fun to only make once!

I think you should move on that! The DJ20 is basically the standard for 8" jointers from what I know. I would have called the guy and planned for pick up by now if I was in the market for one.

edit: make sure to check the table alignment prior to handing over the cash of course. You can do some searches on here to find out exactly what to look for if you don't already know.

+1 on what Dave said. I have a DJ-20 and it is a great tool. It was very well cared for when I bought it and I bought it over the phone from a fellow Creeker without having seen or run it for $650.

Jump on it!!!

If its still for sale! (It's probably gone by now!) $500 for a DJ20 is Awsome! Mobile stand is included! I paid $675 for mine and was ESTATIC!!
    [/SIGPIC]Necessisity is the Mother of Invention, But If it Ain't Broke don't Fix It !!