Thread: Epilog Zing

Epilog Zing

Hi All,

Anyone out there taken a look at the Zing. Has Epliog really packed the right power and features into there lower priced offering? I've spoken to at least one person who is using a Zing and they seemed pretty happy with it, doing some model cutting work.

Thanks
    Chris

What are the "right power and features"? Given the amazing variety of things people do with lasers, I think "right" probably is in the eye of the beholder. Can you be more specific?
    Longtai 460 with 100 watt EFR, mostly for fun. More power is good!! And a shop with enough wood working tools to make a lot of sawdust. Ex-owner of Shenhui 460-80 and engraving business with 45 watt Epilog Mini18.

I guess what I am asking is, what are you giving up if you go with a Zing vs the Mini model?

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Nichols View Post
    I guess what I am asking is, what are you giving up if you go with a Zing vs the Mini model?
    www.engraversjournal.com has a very handy 2009 laser system buyers guide available online, for free.
    CAMaster CR-408 Cobra X3

Remember, the zing has stepper motors, does not come with a grid cutting table, in the 16 inch size can't use the rotary attachment and a few other things.. Usually if you add it all up you're at the base mini 18 price anyway so that's the better bang for what winds up being the same buck.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian Jones FL View Post
    Remember, the zing has stepper motors
    Uhm, so? ULS machines, such as my 18"x24" PLS use steppers...
    Hi-Tec Designs, LLC -- Owner (and self-proclaimed LED guru )

Trotec 80W Speedy 300 laser w/everything
    CAMaster Stinger CNC (25" x 36" x 5")
    USCutter 24" LaserPoint Vinyl Cutter
    Jet JWBS-18QT-3 18", 3HP bandsaw
    Robust Beauty 25"x52" wood lathe w/everything
    Jet BD-920W 9"x20" metal lathe
    Delta 18-900L 18" drill press

Flame Polisher (ooooh, FIRE!)
    Freeware: InkScape, Paint.NET, DoubleCAD XT
    Paidware: Wacom Intuos4 (Large), CorelDRAW X5