Thread: Vanity and medicine cabinet are coming together!

Vanity and medicine cabinet are coming together!

Hey folks! I've decided to overhaul my hideous first floor bathroom so I've been working on the medicine cabinet and vanity. You can see the vanity put together (which I'm going to take apart tomorrow and start finishing) and I have the door built for the medicine cabinet. I'll be stripping the sheetrock and replacing the tub so it will be a big undertaking but I can't wait to see it done.

Hope you like it! I'll ad more pics as the project continues.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Blog Entries
    Looking good. Waiting for more pics.

I hate having a building project and demolition project going at the same time - hard to keep straight which one I am working on at the time. Don't want to use the sledge on the wrong one

This project is going to look great. Do I understand the mirror comes down, and the medicine cabinet goes up? And, looks like you will be using a clear or amber finish - what is the plan there?

Quote Originally Posted by John Keeton View Post
    I hate having a building project and demolition project going at the same time - hard to keep straight which one I am working on at the time. Don't want to use the sledge on the wrong one

This project is going to look great. Do I understand the mirror comes down, and the medicine cabinet goes up? And, looks like you will be using a clear or amber finish - what is the plan there?
    I'm going to use a honey colored gel stain and Waterlox for the finish. The medicine cabinet will be on the left over the toilet, and just the mirror will be above the sink. I'm going to use a beveled edge mirror and put it in a frame like the doors so it will look like the pine raised panels.

I haven't started the demo yet, as I want to make sure the stuff I'm building is ready to go before the sledgehammer comes out As much as I enjoy building stuff stuff out of wood, I can't wait to do some demo!

Coming along nicely.. waiting for finished results.
    Sarge..

Woodworkers' Guild of Georgia
    Laissez Les Bons Temps Rouler

Well, after alot of work and 8 stitches I finished gutting the bathroom, put the new tub in, got the sheetrock up and put the finishing touches on the vanity and medicine cabinet. When I moved into this place, the bathroom needed a serious facelift (look at the hideous tile job! ). I'm glad I finally have the time to get working on it.

We liked the idea of having the beadboard up 4', and since everyone in the house is tall I made the vanity 36" high and the toilet is high too . I'm keeping my fingers crossed to have the room almost done by the weekend.

Thanks for looking.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Blog Entries
    Nice work on the cabinets. Keep the pics coming.