Thread: Nesting tables

Nesting tables

I am in the planning stages of making a set of nesting end tables for my living room. I have been looking on the internet for ideas and on this set of tables my wife really likes the weave pattern on the apron. Other than carving do you know anywhere you can buy some veneer or something along those lines that you can glue on to get this look. The apron is kind of hard to see but you can get the idea from the picture.

veneer, carving

Not sure if this is what you're looking for...but check it out.

http://www.leevalley.com/wood/page.a...t=1,44047&ap=2

I remember a thread a while back about making veneer patterns like that. I think it was Mike Henderson who posted it.
    Have a Good One,
    Brent

SPCHT

Merrill, can't offer anything on the veneer source, but if I can be so rude as to offer an unsolicited opinion. To me, the legs on the tables in the pics overpower the scale of the top portion (aprons and top.) I would give consideration to perhaps some other style of leg - though I, too, like the apron look.

You didn't ask for it, and it ain't worth much - but then the cost was pretty cheap, too

I agree on the legs they are over powering and I just don't care much for them in this situation, I just like the apron on these tables. I am probably going to turn me some Cabriole Legs but I thought weave apron would look really sharp.

Blog Entries
    The legs are neat looking but I agree they are a bit much. You could do the weave pattern with blocks cut from long strips made with a beading bit

on a router table and glued up like a cutting board. A little sanding or cutting the beads out of a curved face strip would give the weave effect.
    Lee Schierer
    USNA '71
    Go Navy!

My advice, comments and suggestions are free, but it costs money to run the site. If you found something of value here please give a little something back by becoming a contributor! Please Contribute