Thread: The most stable 3/4" veneered plywood?

The most stable 3/4" veneered plywood?

I am looking to do a quick but funky looking reno on a revenue property's kitchen (cabinet doors & carcasses specifically) and want to use 3/4" veneered plywood rather than doing so much work to do frame and panel or veneering them myself.
    I am wondering what core composition yields the most stable material?

I have used some veneer core for some projects and founf that they get all out of shape fast.
    I had some wenge veneered ply that sat around for over a year and didn't move a bit. The core looked like several layers of mahogany.

Any advice or sources I could be given?

Thanks

Hanover NH or Jensen Beach FL or somewhere in between
    Chris, the most stable is lumber core...if your budget is unlimited go for it. My choice for case work is veneer core or MDF...if the construction is quality, veneer core will perform just fine.

...with all due respect Jeff...particle board core for stability? ...I don't think so...
    Last edited by Nate Carey; 08-07-2009 at 7:22 PM.

Old, fat guy on the set of "Extreme Makeover: Home Edition" October '09

If you have a local supplier that will sell to you, pick up your veneer of choice on either an mdf or particleboard core. This is as flat as your going to get. Beware, you'll want to drill out for hinges that use plugs, euro screws, or similar. Regular old hinge screws won't last for long.
    good luck,
    JeffD