Thread: Grizzly G0661 TS

Blog Entries

Grizzly G0661 TS

What do you think of this saw? http://www.grizzly.com/catalog/2009/SummerFlyer/2

I was thinking about the hybrid but I will have to pull in a 30 amp circuit and my box is full. This one will work on my 20 amp circuit. I am replacing an old Craftsman and although this is not top of the line it seems to be a light year leap from what I had. I'm a hobbyist and cut hardwood and plywood. I've been cutting it fine on my old saw which was 2 HP. Going this way I can save around $355 on price and electrical work over the hybrid.

Anybody have one? Opinions?

I have that saw

I got a G0661 early this year. I was after the riving knife and dust collection. It is a nice saw and it's heavy, moving it into my shop killed my appliance dolly. My old saw liked to tilt and move sometimes, so the weight is a plus. I did a scatter brained review on here, but be warned I was low on sleep that week.

All said I still love the saw, but I need to do something different for dust collection. It collects good for a shopvac, but plugs the filter fast.

I don't think you will have a problem with power. I have used a 3/4" dado cutting a little over 1/2" deep in walnut and it didn't even hesitate.

Jim

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jim hedgpeth View Post
    I got a G0661 early this year. I was after the riving knife and dust collection. It is a nice saw and it's heavy, moving it into my shop killed my appliance dolly. My old saw liked to tilt and move sometimes, so the weight is a plus. I did a scatter brained review on here, but be warned I was low on sleep that week.

All said I still love the saw, but I need to do something different for dust collection. It collects good for a shopvac, but plugs the filter fast.

I don't think you will have a problem with power. I have used a 3/4" dado cutting a little over 1/2" deep in walnut and it didn't even hesitate.

Jim
    Read your review. I am thinking this is the way I will go. Just need to check a few things tomorrow (and convince LOML) and maybe order on Monday.