Thread: Tables and chairs done....

Tables and chairs done....

They are all done, 6 coats of Arm-R-Seal and a bunch of 0000 steelwool.

One table and two chairs for each grand daughters, the daughters did not want 4 chairs, just did not have the space for them.

All maple, the tables are 24" x 36" and 19 inches high the chairs are 11 3/4" x 11 3/4" and 12 inches high. They are all my own plans, just some drawing and 3 prototype chairs.

All joints are done with dowels with the the DowelMax, love that tool. The back slats on the chairs are mortised with the Mortise Pal. The chair test was done with a 200 lb. man setting in the chair and leaning back on the back lags for 20 min.

My only big screw up was the center board on the one table, it just did not match like I thought it would when I put the finish on.

P8099022.jpg P8099023.jpg

P8099026.jpg

Bill, you have a bunch of work in these, and it shows! They finished out very nice, and I really don't think the top on the one is bad at all - that is just the way wood is, and sometimes it looks just more "natural."

Blog Entries
    Those look great Bill. I know this sounds like what people tell me when I see a flaw in my grand scheme but, the color differences in the one table top make it distinctive in a good way. I don't see it as a screw up at all.
    "A hen is only an egg's way of making another egg".

– Samuel Butler

Very nice Bill. I agree with John, they look like a lot of hours & a lot of careful work!

Your photography looks cool too, they almost look like dollhouse miniatures.
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney

Thanks for the comments guys, its just that the one board in the middle has a pink cast to it and the rest of the boards have a much warmer color.

The other table I really like with the very light on the sides and the sap wood on the inside.

Again, thanks for the comments.............. Now the big one, the blanket chest out of walnut for the wife......

Blog Entries
    Well done, Bill!

I'm fixin' to cook a couple steaks on the grill and those tables & chairs look like a place to sit and enjoy 'em.....

Excellent craftsmanship! Nice Work!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Sallee View Post
    Well done, Bill!

I'm fixin' to cook a couple steaks on the grill and those tables & chairs look like a place to sit and enjoy 'em.....

Excellent craftsmanship! Nice Work!!!

Well I guess that all depends on you size....

Thanks.

It was worth every min.

It was worth every min.

It was delivered today and this makes it all worth while.

P8099030.jpg

Excellent results and looks like voting from at least one precinct is in. I think she approves and voted for you..

Ain't chairs fun?
    Sarge..

Woodworkers' Guild of Georgia
    Laissez Les Bons Temps Rouler