Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Wedding present-walnut hall table

Great job on one very nice looking table John.

wow...

You make everything I have ever done look like total junk.
    That is amazing work. I did a double take when you said you used MDF as a veneer substrate!

Brian

Man, this is just a fabulous looking table. I'm with Brian, my work is junk when I see a piece like this. Excellent work John.
    Please try to explain what you think you don't understand!!

You know, nearly every time I start to think I'm getting good at this hobby, along comes a post like this one that brings me right back down to earth.

John - That is really nice work. Your nephew is very fortunate to receive an heirloom quality table as a wedding gift. Even more so considering the source.
    Sharp solves all manner of problems.

Quote Originally Posted by John Keeton View Post
    Federal is not a favorite style of mine, but you did one fantastic job on this!! The detail work and overall design is spectacular. I assume you built the two tables at somewhat the same time?
    Yes, they done concurrently. Save about 20% of the time on the second one. But so many of the operations were different that it certainly was not like make two table alike.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Kincaid View Post
    You make everything I have ever done look like total junk.
    That is amazing work. I did a double take when you said you used MDF as a veneer substrate!

Brian
    Thanks for the kind comments. I used MDF because it had been recommended by some of the veneering books. I had always used baltic birch plywood in the past and will go back to it in the future. Didn't like working with MDF.