Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Freud 3 hp plunge $99...get it?

I see now, I missed the part about the local Woodcraft store. Thanks for the compliment on my PBB. If you weren't so far away I'd invite you to come take a look. Bo Jones came by last fall to get a look at it and take some measurements but he's only about 45 minutes away.

Hope your doing well with your PBB. If you have any specific questions PM me, I usually check in about twice a day.

Quote Originally Posted by Colin Wollerman View Post
    Hi Paul,
    That link was just to show the router. I think the $99 WoodCraft price is a local deal although I have not checked their site.
    Also, I have been meaning to tell you your PBB set ups have been inspiring. Thanks for posting.
    Aloha,
    C

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle Iwamoto View Post
    Are you sure it's the 3-1/4 hp? I saw the 2-1/4 on sale. If it is the 3 hp, BUY it. The 2-1/4 is pretty good for a 100 buck router. The 3 must be better.

It has the above the table adjustment, so it should be fine in a table, although the manual said the bolt pattern may not be "standard" so it may not fit some of the commercial plates.
    Freud has more than one router, and it's important to differentiate the models and their features.

The older FT2000 became the FT2200 that was linked to....15 amp 3-1/4 hp, plunge base, no above table features, and has the small throat opening.

They also have the newer FT1700 13 amp 2-1/4hp and FT3000 15 amp 3-14/hp...both have excellent above table functions. The 1700 is available in fixed base or fixed/plunge combo kit. The FT3000 is plunge only.

I've owned the FT2000 and currently have the FT1700 in my router table. Both are good routers...the FT2200 seems a good deal at $99, or $129, but $196 is too much for what it offers compared to other top choices. The FT1700 is excellent in the router table, with some consideration for the fact that it's only 13 amps...not as strong as the 15 amp, but more than adequate for most tasks and I love the above table bit changes.
    Last edited by scott spencer; 08-18-2009 at 9:45 AM.
    Happiness is like wetting your pants...everyone can see it, but only you can feel the warmth....