Thread: Freud FT2200 advice please

Freud FT2200 advice please

I am currently using a Ridgid 2 1/4 HP with a Bench Dog Proplate aluminum group 1 in my router table. It works fine but I feel that it's under power when I route raise panels. Local Woodcraft has a Freud FT2200 on clearance for 129 bucks and I also have another Bench Dog phenolic Proplate group 2 that I got awhile ago when Rockler had it on clearance. What I don't like about this phenolic plate is that you cannot reduce the size of the hole so it will strictly be used with the big raised panel bit. So the question is Freud FT2200 a good router to get for $129 or should I get something else even it will cost more to use with my other Bench Dog group 1 that I can reduce the size of the hole to use smaller bit as well. TIA.
    Mike

I offered my opinion in this post down below: http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthre...95985#poststop
    I long for the days when Coke was a cola, and a joint was a bad place to be. (Merle Haggard)

Mike - My experience and opinion pretty much parallels Fred's.
    "It's a great router, and at $99 is a great deal. There are better ones out there now, but are a lot more money....(snip) ...The single most commonly heard complaint about is that the base opening isn't large enough for the largest panel raisers..."

Hard to go wrong at that price. Unless you stumble into a deal on a Milwaukee 5625, DW625, Bosch 1619, PC7518, FT3000, I know of no other better deals in that price range for this size router.
    Happiness is like wetting your pants...everyone can see it, but only you can feel the warmth....