Thread: Pennsylvania Creeker visit

Thumbs up Pennsylvania Creeker visit

It's taken awhile to get caught up and settled back into an everyday routine so I can get back to the Creek. As you know from Dave Anderson NH's post, I made a visit to his shop while in Boston. On the way home, visited Cooperstown, NY and headed due south in order to make a second Creeker visit. LOML and I spent two very short hours visiting with Bill Grumbine and his LOML. We had a wonderful visit. Bill is even more genuine, gracious,and hospitable than I knew he would be from reading his posts! His sense of humor comes thru in all he does.
    We got to view his work in person and it is beautiful. The guitar stand he just showed is inded a work of art, let alone functional. I hope I didn't drool on the Poolewood too much , but I'm definitely going to get back there someday for a lesson.
    I left there with some real Penn. cherry. Thanks Bill. I hope I can do it justice. Thanks again for a truly wonderful visit.
    Attached Images Attached Images

I recognize those 2 faces

It's already been a more than a week since Mark's visit and I can't wait for the next one. As for Bill, what can I say, the 5 Barns Picnic was a blast and I'm looking forward to the next one. I can't repeat often enough the enjoyment there is in having Creekers drop by for a visit. I know you guys had a great time in spite of having only a coupla hours.
    Dave Anderson

Chester, NH

i met up with bill of this past saturday

great guy

but i wonder how he gets things done with people always stopping by

btw bill i love the comments to woodboy on woodworking.com, my wife was laughing about what he "knows"

Guitar stand? I never saw that post...I'll have to search it. I just ordered a Stratocaster and was thinking of making one.

Hi Mark

We also enjoyed the time the two of you spent with us. It is too bad that we didn't have more time.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Stutz
    His sense of humor comes thru in all he does.
    Uh, speaking of sense of humor, I believe that you posted the wrong picture. I will have to speak to your Mrs about that!

As Chris mentioned, he and his wife came by two days later. Again, the time went too quickly. I love having visitors stop by because it gets me out of work!

Bill

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Grumbine
    Uh, speaking of sense of humor, I believe that you posted the wrong picture.
    You mean there was another one that you weren't smiling in?

Seriously, anyone who has the opportunity should visit with Bill...the three-Eees apply...educational, enjoyable, entertaining!
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Hey Bill

I notice that you have taken to wearing the official uniform of well known movie stars - the black T-shirt.
    Now for more formal occasions, like lesson, you'll need to get a crisp white shirt, buttoned all the way up to the collar & a black silk suit (think Tom Cruise) - might be kinda tough to get the sawdust off of but you have to look the part ya know
    God Bless America!

Tom Sweeney BP

Uh-oh!! New avatar time! Mark, you are making some serious face time around here but your avatar sill looks good!
    Wood: a fickle medium....

Did you know SMC is user supported? Please help.

Wrong Picture!

Bill,
    You are correct. Here is the "correct" PIC.

Ah, now that is much better. I have my reputation to think of here. I don't know if you took notice of the conversation Mark, but this was the second picture your wife took. After the first one, I asked her if she wanted that pose I struck while she was getting the camera ready, and I got a big grin and a big yes from her!

Chris, as you may notice, I have replced my avatar with your new one. Thanks for the update, as I suspect it would have been too much trouble for me to figure it out on my own.

Bill

And another option for you...

I should have recognized the gleam in her eye, but I guess I was too mesmerized by that Poolewood!

Whats that blue thing