Jerome, I apologize, my intention was not to insult you, but rather to clear up some confusion generated by your post. Keep in mind however that we're not talking about running Crysis on a 30" monitor here.

Making relatively simple models in Sketchup is not demanding on a new computer. I'd be willing to bet that any new desktop bought today isn't going to have a problem with Sketchup, and probably most laptops won't either. (netbooks are another story though).

Upgrading an old computer is always a dicey situation. There is no one size fits all anwser, although frequently you're better off just getting a new computer. There are time swhen upgrading makes sense, but exaclty what upgrades to make is really more of a case by case anwser. I suspect Scott has already made up his mind as to what he's doing, but if not post everythign you know about your computer (particualrly the processor model, the amount of ram, the video card model, the age of the computer, the brand, the OS, and if you know it, what type of ram, and video card interface it has) and we can make a suggestion.

Ohh, and 32-bit Windows has an approx 3 GB limit for ram, 64 bit varies by the specific OS, but is generaly much higher (128GB for XP64, 8GB for Vista-64 Basic, 16GB for Vista-64 Home Preimum, and 128GB for Vista-64 Buis/Ultimate.)

Lastly, I acutlaly jsut bought a dirt cheap $350 laptop, I suspect it will run sketchup just fine, but when it arrives I'll give it a shot and psot the results.