Thread: Router sled for concaves?

Router sled for concaves?

Looking for some kind of sled or other means for cutting a concave shape in wide boards.
    TIA.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Penning View Post
    Looking for some kind of sled or other means for cutting a concave shape in wide boards.
    TIA.
    I've gone a long way down that road and haven't got it solved yet.

I wanted a nice precise clean crisp oval type geometry that looks like it might have been done on a CNC or a router tracer.

I have convinced myself that I' am going to need to build a tracing follower if I want that geometry.

I first saw the geometry on that other forum where some guy was applying it to drawer fronts.
    Last edited by Cliff Rohrabacher; 08-19-2009 at 10:08 AM.

I don't know the size or radius you want, but I settled on a hand tool solution - changing a wooden plane into a radius plane for a special need.

http://sawmillcreek.org/showthread.p...hlight=concave
    Veni Vidi Vendi Vente! I came, I saw, I bought a large coffee!

Oh man, Doug...that is cruel!! Posting a link to that jig of Mark's just makes me remember just how much I wanted one! Unfortunately, Mark never got to the point where he started manufacturing and selling the thing.

- Keith
    "Listen, here's the thing. If you can't spot the sucker in the first half hour at the table, then you ARE the sucker. "

I keeo trying to talk Bruce Page into making one and throwing one my way
    Use the fence Luke

Nice Jig Mark has there.
    I can't think of a good reason that one should not think of making something like that with main components of wood. It'd need to be heavier and thicker to get the rigidity needed.

Th is definitely bears some investigation