Thread: Cool video of clear plastic Pentz/Morgano cyclone at work

Cool video of clear plastic Pentz/Morgano cyclone at work

I found this at another site and thought some here might enjoy it.

http://www.syblescreativeart.com/clearvue/index.html

Just think Chris, If you would have waited a bit you could be the proud owner of a plexiglass cyclone and not have had to do all that work you did on that plain jane metal one.

Cool

That is seriously cool to watch, they should sell those blast gates as well, virtually a zero footprint blast gate.

This looks like a much easier way to do this than building it from scratch. Imagine building a cyclone without a hundred little cuts on your fingers. ahhhh!!!
    Last edited by Jack Diemer; 09-10-2004 at 2:28 PM.
    If at 1st you don't succeed, go back to the lumberyard and get some more wood.

Hey Nic, thanks! I went, I saw and yes, I enjoyed! That Bill Pentz character has dedicated an awful lot of time and energy to the subject of dust collection and it shows. This time, it "shows" quite literally!
    Cheers,
    John K. Miliunas

Cannot find REALITY.SYS. Universe halted.
    60 grit is a turning tool, ain't it?
    SMC is totally supported by volunteers and your generosity! Please help if you can!
    Looking for something for nothing? Check here!

Plexiglass?? Plexiglass is for wimps!! hehehe

That is pretty darn cool. I wonder what the cost was for it compared to steel? Plexiglass ain't cheap but that is darn, darn cool.
    Wood: a fickle medium....

Did you know SMC is user supported? Please help.

hmmmmmmmm

Just noticed something. You would have to take extra precaution if you were to mount the motor/blower on top of that. I am guessing you would have to mount the motor/blower to something, then slide on the cyclone under it. It would still work, but probably should have some kind of warning. You wouldn't want to crack the glass. I bet its fun to watch a couple of screws go through the cyclone. I also bet its noisier. Don't ask me why, but we put in a soft tar paper type landing pad to deaden some of the noise. Can't do that if you want to see the dust from the outside. Did I mention how cool this was. I would make saw dust just for an excuse to watch it go through the cyclone. Maybe they will come out with a line of clear 6 in duct as well.
    If at 1st you don't succeed, go back to the lumberyard and get some more wood.

Jack, that was a piece of 1/16" thick rubber, but close enough.

Now, that is the coolest cyclone I have ever seen.Talk about creative. Too bad I already have the Dust Eliminator, or I would be all over that one.
    Scott C. in KC
    Befco Designs

Hi guys,
    I'm new here, but I'd like to make a couple of corrections to the thread. First, it should read Pentz/Morgano cyclone. (I'm Morgano and this was my idea Second, the cyclone is made from a High Impact clear plastic called PETG. It's sort of a cross between Plexiglas and Lexan - Strong, Scratch resistant, Flexiable-the best of both

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Morgano
    Hi guys,
    I'm new here, but I'd like to make a couple of corrections to the thread. First, it should read Pentz/Morgano cyclone. (I'm Morgano and this was my idea Second, the cyclone is made from a High Impact clear plastic called PETG. It's sort of a cross between Plexiglas and Lexan - Strong, Scratch resistant, Flexiable-the best of both
    Oops! I stand corrected. If it was possible to change the thread title I would.
    Moderator notice: I changed the title -- Ken
    BTW, I like your cyclone. Hope you sell a ton of them.
    Last edited by Ken Salisbury; 09-12-2004 at 9:38 AM.

Hi!
    What video player do you have to have to see this thing in action? All I get is a seriously long page of code. Thanks! Jim

Quote Originally Posted by Jim O'Dell
    Hi!
    What video player do you have to have to see this thing in action? All I get is a seriously long page of code. Thanks! Jim
    It didn't work for me in NS 7.1, but worked just fine in IE (XPsp2).
    Jason

"Don't get stuck on stupid." --Lt. Gen. Russel Honore

Quote Originally Posted by Jason Roehl
    It didn't work for me in NS 7.1, but worked just fine in IE (XPsp2).
    Thanks Jason. I'll try from IE. Jim

Now that is neat! It really does look like a cyclone.