Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Anybody mount their bandsaw on a mobile cabinet?

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Cruz View Post
    Look through my posts. I did one recently. I think it was called Bandsaw finished...finally! I DID put casters on it, but both sets gave the unit a wobble. I tried a HD set from the local borg, but wasn't satisfied. So I ordered 4" red ones from Grizzly and there was even more wobble. The wobble didn't come from the floor. It came from play in the wheels themselves. I ended up just taking them off and using them for other things in my shop that wobble didn't matter on...like a moblie clamp base.
    The Lathe Stand in Shopnotes 67 does something that might help with that wobble. It has casters, at each corner it has heavy duty leg levelers. The idea is you wheel it where you want it to sit, then use the levelers to lift it off the casters. If you need to move it again, back off the levelers and ...

Jason,

Here's the thread I was thinking of. Thanks, Mike, for the reminder.

http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?t=116726
    Stephen Edwards
    Hilham, TN 38568

"Build for the joy of it!"

There are pictures in my original post and a bunch more on the second page. If you want any more pics or have any questions, I'd be happy to help in whatever manner I can.
    I drink, therefore I am.

I just bumped the thread so you can get to it easily...as if the link wasn't easy enough...duh...
    I drink, therefore I am.