Thread: Latest Nice Job

Latest Nice Job

All Rowmark, the matte black solid and brushed silver. Seventeen that are a little smaller and 7 of these 12x12s. I'm having to work all weekend though with this and a couple of other orders but what the heck, it's raining anyway.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Sammamish, WA

Epilog Legend 24TT 45W, had a sign business for 17 years, now just doing laser work on the side.

"One only needs two tools in life: WD-40 to make things go, and duct tape to make them stop." G. Weilacher

"The handyman's secret weapon - Duct Tape" R. Green

Very sharp looking. Is the brushed silver glued on top of the black? What about the right hand strip of silver? How is that attached?
    Longtai 460 with 100 watt EFR, mostly for fun. More power is good!! And a shop with enough wood working tools to make a lot of sawdust. Ex-owner of Shenhui 460-80 and engraving business with 45 watt Epilog Mini18.

The base layer is the brushed silver 12"x12", then I stuck on a 10"x12" piece of the black, leaving the last 2" showing. Finally I attach the letters. For the letters I use 3M MP 6" wide prior to cutting. For attaching the black to the silver just 3 strips of what I call "banner tape", 1" wide thin but a strong double sided tape. These are all for indoors.

Sammamish, WA

Epilog Legend 24TT 45W, had a sign business for 17 years, now just doing laser work on the side.

"One only needs two tools in life: WD-40 to make things go, and duct tape to make them stop." G. Weilacher

Good Looking Job

Joe, this looks up to your usual standards and would have expected nothing less from you. Thanks for sharing the details.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Honey and Coco
    Steve / Sandy Wallace
    Lasting Laser Impressions

FaceBook - search Steven Wallace; Epilog mini 18 - 35w, rotary tool, Corel X3, PhotoGrav 3.0

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Pelonio View Post
    The base layer is the brushed silver 12"x12", then I stuck on a 10"x12" piece of the black, leaving the last 2" showing. Finally I attach the letters. For the letters I use 3M MP 6" wide prior to cutting. For attaching the black to the silver just 3 strips of what I call "banner tape", 1" wide thin but a strong double sided tape. These are all for indoors.
    Joe,

I was following you all the way until you wrote "3M MP 6" wide".......I assumed you engraved the letters in the black Rowmark.....but apparently not.

In any event, it looks nice.
    Epilog Mini 24 - 45 Watt, Corel Draw X5, Wacom Intuos Tablet, Unengraved HP Laptop, with many more toys to come.....

If you have an apple and I have an apple and we exchange apples then you and I will still each have one apple. But if you have an idea and I have one idea and we exchange these ideas, then each of us will have two ideas... George B. Shaw

Great job Joe, certainly hard to miss, looks fantastic.
    Epilog 45w Helix X3/X5 Corel Microflame Generator (flame polisher) Heat Bender

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Clarkson View Post
    Joe,

I was following you all the way until you wrote "3M MP 6" wide".......I assumed you engraved the letters in the black Rowmark.....but apparently not.
    Right, the letters are cut from the brushed silver, and some of the "busier" ones are tedious work with lots of .4" letters. I laser cut mounting patterns
    with heavy paper.

It's actually 3M 467MP and I used 6" because it covers the whole 12x24" sheet with only one seam.

Sammamish, WA

Very elegant work, Joe! It's so nice to see a sign which has some style and quality these days. Not enough people take the time to care about these things like you do. Great job!

cheers, dee
    Epilog Mini 18/25w & 35w, Mac and Vaio, Corel x3, typical art toys, airbrush... I'm a Laserhead, my husband is a Neanderthal - go figure

Red Coin Mah Jong