Thread: Optibelt source?

Optibelt source?

I blew a Optibelt SV 3V250 belt on my Minimax saw and need a new set. My supplier where I bought the equipment went out of business so I am looking for a reliable source, for this and all other SCMI/MiniMax parts as I have several of their machines.

Who are you guys using in the midwest?

Thanks, Larry

Quote Originally Posted by Larry Edgerton View Post
    I blew a Optibelt SV 3V250 belt on my Minimax saw and need a new set. My supplier where I bought the equipment went out of business so I am looking for a reliable source, for this and all other SCMI/MiniMax parts as I have several of their machines.

Who are you guys using in the midwest?

Thanks, Larry
    Optibelt is a brand. You can get that size belt from many places by using the 3V250 sizing. Mcmaster, Reid Supply and any good power transmission supplier. Generic parts like belts, screws etc are avaiable from the above sources. Specific parts are only going to come from SCMI/Minimax

Try your local Napa auto parts

Quote Originally Posted by Dick Strauss View Post
    Try your local Napa auto parts
    These are narrow belts used in europe, and the parts store can't get them. Automotive belts do not work on machinery, they cause a vibration.

Rick, thanks. I realize that Optibelt is a brand, and after 15 years of hard use before a failure I was hoping to get the same brand. I ran a batch of poplar through it the other day with the power feed a bit too fast which I am sure is the cause of the failure, and when I was doing some dados it rolled over. It is the same brand on my shaper, better get spares all around I guess.....