Thread: I'm new a few days old..

I'm new a few days old..

Love this site and I was wondering how do I "save" those threads to get back to if there is any new notes? Or check off the ones that I had read?

Welcome to SMC Ralph.!!!! Once you read a thread, it gets dim to denote that you have already read that thread until someone else posts in that thread...which denotes a new message is in the thread.

Threads never really disappear from SMC....they just get rolled to a new page further back in the listings. I belive that this particular section have well over 300 pages of threads. Just browse around and you'll find all kinds of great info.
    Thanks & Happy Wood Chips,
    Dennis -
    Get the Benefits of Being an SMC Contributor..!
    ....DEBT is nothing more than yesterday's spending taken from tomorrow's income.

Grand Marais, MN. A transplant from Minneapolis
    Welcome Ralph good to have you in the Creek
    TJH
    Live Like You Mean It.

http://www.northhouse.org/

Welcome to the "Creek", Ralph,

You can learn a lot on here and it's great fun as well! Sit back, Join in - and have fun with a great bunch of woodworkers!

If you are looking for a particular topic, all yuo have to do is search with that topic as the keyword.
    Wood is Good!
    Greetings from The Green Mountain State!

Kurt

Welcome to the 'Creek Ralph! Neat bunch of people here always willing to exchange ideas. I'll warn you.....Tyler and Chris P. are the Photo Cops......No Gloat is official unless you post a picture. If you do gloat without pics....these two will hound you for a short time and then send out the "Pic Patrol"! Don't ask what the Pic Patrol does....we have not heard from any survivors...... Again.....Welcome!
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

Hey Ralph we have cool running water in the creek and a lot of good fun and info.Welcome.

DK

Welcome to the Creek, Ralph. Great place to hang out. Come often, stay long.
    Cheers,
    John K. Miliunas

Cannot find REALITY.SYS. Universe halted.
    60 grit is a turning tool, ain't it?
    SMC is totally supported by volunteers and your generosity! Please help if you can!
    Looking for something for nothing? Check here!

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Morris
    Love this site and I was wondering how do I "save" those threads to get back to if there is any new notes? Or check off the ones that I had read?
    Ralph,

Threads of particular interest can be "subscribed" to.
    Thus, you will receive an email notification whenever there are updates to that thread.

_Aaron_
    _Aaron_
    SawmillCreek Administrator

I'm new a few days old..

Ralph,

Welcome to SMC.

If you generate a "thread", you can receive an email when someone "posts" something to it by going to your "User CP", "Default Thread Subscription Mode" and select one of the options.

If you see a "post" that you are interested in, at the top, select "Thread Tools", "Subscribe To This Thread", "Notification Type" and select one of the options.

Regards, Joe
    Two weeks, your project will be done in two weeks!!! (From the Money Pit)

Blog Entries
    For the short term, at least, you could bookmark the thread an then go back tothat thread later. I'm not sure how that would work over the long haul though.
    Lee Schierer
    USNA '71
    Go Navy!

My advice, comments and suggestions are free, but it costs money to run the site. If you found something of value here please give a little something back by becoming a contributor! Please Contribute

Welcome

Ralph -

Welcome to the Creek. A friendly place to hang out. Pull up a log and dangle your feet.

As the others have said, there are a variety of ways to keep track of the threads you are intested in. Just play around with the different tools available and you will find a way that suits you. Good news is, the posts never "go away", so you can always search for them on certain key words. You might even find something else in the way of good info that you weren't even looking for.

Welcome,
    Ted

Aw thanks guys! A warm feeling welcomed!