Thread: Woodcraft...class act

Woodcraft...class act

So, a thread was posted in Deals and Discounts (this forum) re: a stool that Woodcraft had/has in its clearance section. I've been looking for one, and for the price, what the heck, I thought I'd bite.

Ordered it, heck, yesterday (I think) and it showed up today. Wow, impressive. Now, I wasn't expecting an heirloom piece, mind you. But I did expect reasonable quality (reflecting the price and that it is a clearance item). The ring (foot rest) that goes around the bottom of the legs (or near it) is chrome...as are the legs. After installing it, I realized that there was a hole in the ring (no not the center...smarta$$es) in the tube itself. Looked like it was a defect that was overlooked and chromed anyway.

So, I called Woodcraft, hoping that maybe they had extra rings...I know, I know...no way to unlikely. But I thought I would call anyway. As soon as I explained the issue, without blinking an eye, without so much as a pause, the young lady informed me that another one was on its way to me. Boy was I suprised. Cool, I thought. Then, wondering if they REALLY had parts laying around, I confirmed with her that she was sending a new ring. No, she replied, a new stool...and don't worry about the other one...do with it as you wish.

Customer service, customer service, customer service. Woodcraft and Grizzly certainly seem to have a corner on the market.

Oh, and don't any of you funny guys "use" this to your advantage unscrupulously. That's what puts businesses out of business.

Woodcraft has yet again gained my future business. The only challenge now is, who do I order from? Grizzly or Woodcraft...
    I drink, therefore I am.

Blog Entries
    Good to hear a good customer service story. I have always gotten good service at WC. Here in Houston there used to be another woodworkers store across the freeway from them. I stopped there once to see what they had and again to buy a panel raising bit. Both times I was ignored. When I was there to spend money they not only ignored me but acted like I was a bother. I went across the freeway and bought from WC. I heard similar stories from other WWers and now that place is closed and WC is still going strong.

I have had several great customer service experiences at Woodcraft. The bad news is that I have needed it, the good news is they always come through.

I haven't ordered from them but I go to the local candy store WAY too often. They know me by name already. I have to say they are a good group of people in the store too.... Backorderd the 99 buck Nova midi chuck that was out of stock. That was a smoking good deal. Used it today for the first time. Works great.

Even though I am over here, I have an exceptional business arrangement with Woodcraft at Stanton, Orange County, L.a.

The service is the best I have ever got from an company here in Oz. dealing direct with the owner and not a manager or salesperson I suggest might be the reason I get consistent over the top service and that is not to down grade any employee's.

If I have one regret and it is not the stores fault I would like a bigger range to choose from before my cash runs out and while my daughter still travels to L.A. frequently.

I made a similar approach to the local Rockler store, and while they did acknowledge my E mail and gave me the information I requested it was the Woodcraft store who offered the best solution as far as deliveries were concerned.

I feel that I now have an enduring business relationship with that store and owner.

Peter

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Cruz View Post
    Customer service, customer service, customer service. Woodcraft and Grizzly certainly seem to have a corner on the market.
    Lee Valley and Lie Nielsen both have excellent customer service, also.

And to add to Peter's comment, Ingko at the Woodcraft in Stanton is a great guy.

Mike
    Go into the world and do well. But more importantly, go into the world and do good.

I"ve had similar awesome customer service at our WC as well. I broke (no defect) the dial a width ring on an SD608 dado blade and was prepared to order a new part because it was my fault. They told me Freud would most likely replace it for free and gave me the Freud contact info and 2 day's later I had a new ring for my dado set and at no cost.

I was wowed by both WC and Freud. I'll be buying more from both companies!

Randy...

In Woodcraft today for first time in 4 months or so. I had been in hospital and today was first day I felt strong enough to make the trip or so I thought) and I needed some euro hinges and some Maple. I parked close but even then had a hard time making the 50 feet or so. They saw me and immediately got a stool for me next to front counter. Catching my breath I mentioned what I needed. One clerk went and got the hinges the other one brought a selection of Maple from the back of the store. Didnt find the pieces I was needing and he went and got another load. And of course, once I had paid everything was taken to car and loaded. When customer service is mentioned that experience today will always be my best story. Store is in Proveidnce RI area.
    John Lucas
    woodshopdemos

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Cruz View Post
    I had a similar experience with Grizzly and a broken part on my new J/P. It was in my hands in like 2 days.

I've had stellar customer service from Woodcraft, Grizzly and SawStop. All three are head and shoulders above the vast majority of companies I deal with. It's nice to place an order and feel good about it because I KNOW it'll be right or they'll make it right, period.

Great customer service is the single most important thing any company can do. Reputations are built or destroyed by it. It may not be the cheapest way of doing things but odds are, the cost of it will be paid back in return many times over.
    "If the women don't find you handsome they should at least find you handy" -Red Green

As of right now, my "Gloat of the Year", while yes it was a steal, is seeming like less of a gloat. Yes, the Delta Unisaw, Delta Jointer, and Craftsman Drillpress (along with all the other goodies thrown in) were a great bargain at $300, I STILL HAVE TO DEAL WITH DELTA AND CRAFTSMAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The Gloat of the Century would have been if I had gotten these pieces of equipment with Grizzly and Woodtek name plates on them... Makes me all the more proud of my Woodtek 15" Planer gloat from a few months ago.

I'm glad to hear that my experience was not one of a kind. Thanks all for sharing your stories...keep 'em coming...
    I drink, therefore I am.

The replacement stool just arrived. Thanks Woodcraft!
    I drink, therefore I am.