Thread: One closet done, one to go

One closet done, one to go

As many of you know, I've been working on a large commission for a client to replace all of the metal shelving in a couple of closets.I ordered 550 bf of Jatoba for this project and am slowly getting it done. With the exception of the custom hardwood floor which will happen after both closets are complete, I finally finished the cabinet and shelves in the first closet.

Left wall shelving and sweater cabinet.

Shoe rack

Right wall shelving

Right wall shelving (different angle)

The owners were very pleased with the end product so now the work begins on closet # 2 which is a little bigger than the first. I used a total of 235 bd ft in closet #1 which was right in line with what I had figured. Did take a little longer than I had figured but still did alright.
    Mike
    midlothianwoodworks
    ---------------------
    Why buy it if you can build it

Blog Entries
    Nice work. Beautiful. Do you have any close ups of the shelf edges? I can't quite see what you did there.

Thanks Jim
    I didn't take a close up of the shelf edges but they are a simple inlay using holly and ebony. Just adds a nice artistic touch.
    Mike
    midlothianwoodworks
    ---------------------
    Why buy it if you can build it

Loving it ! but holy crap that's alot of shoes !
    "The element of competition has never worried me, because from the start, I suppose I realized wood contains so much inspiration and beauty and rhythm that if used properly it would result in an individual and unique object." - James Krenov

What you do speaks so loud, I cannot hear what you say. -R. W. Emerson

Major transformation of the previous closet Mike. Excellent work and the defining touch are those holly fronts with ebony in-corporated. Icing on the cake so to speak.

Well done...
    Sarge..

Woodworkers' Guild of Georgia
    Laissez Les Bons Temps Rouler