Thread: Memorial Frame / Shadow Box Design

Lightbulb Memorial Frame / Shadow Box Design

I have a friend that just lost his father and would like for me to build a memorial frame / shadow box to display a 5x7 picture, his motorcycle license plate (4x6) and 2 engraved brass pieces about 2x6.

I could do the standard vertical shadow box with a glass door which would hang on the wall and show off the items. Rather than just jump into this I am looking for a design to make this a bit more special.

Thanks in advance for all ideas - no matter how radical

Brad, If space is not an issue I'm thinking something like a book holder or a picture frame with a prop to set on a piece of furniture. Good luck and post pics. Craig
    Last edited by Craig T. Smith; 09-05-2009 at 7:51 AM. Reason: penmanship

Hi Brad,

I'm sorry to hear about your friend's loss. Is there anything from his motorocycle in addition to the license plate that you could incorporate? Maybe the grips... something he would have always had his hands on...

when i make shadow boxes for guys just retireing from the military i like to use the out line from the symble fro there rank. maybe you could do an outline of a motercycle. asfar as the glass goes you can have plxyglass cut to custom shapes for a resonable rate. just make the box then bring it in so they can trace.

good luck