Thread: Latest clock

Latest clock

After months with no projects completed, I finished 4 in the last week. The cherry dresser I already posted, and the platform bed still needs the drawers installed. But here is my latest clock, a simple, but elegant cherry mantel clock.

The plan was from a recent Woodsmith mag, and the clock is all cherry, with a 4-chime movement, and an elegant face. I really liked how easily this went together. The case I cut, rabbetted, and glued together in 2 hours. I could probably do the entire clock in a day, paint and finish notwithstanding.

Anyway, I'm hoping to sell this one at work, to raise some cash for my daughter's upcoming 6th birthday.
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. latest clock

nice work. Hope your daughter appreciates your efforts
    Harold

A timely project for a fund raiser! Good job on that one.

Nice job Patrick. You should not have any trouble selling at work if the price is reasonable as most guys I used to work with have absolutely no clue what to give wives and are desperate for anything they stumble across that might be appropriate. Of course the closer to Xmas it is the easier to sell as we always seem to wait until the last minute before we concern ourselves with the matter.
    Sarge..

Woodworkers' Guild of Georgia
    Laissez Les Bons Temps Rouler

Thanks. I've had pretty good luck so far. Sold my first clock for $250, and another went at an auction for $600. I happen to know and work with some pretty high dollar folk - the more something costs, the better they like it.

I have been looking for a fairly easy clock plan...can you tell me which issue it came from? Also, where did you buy the internal works?

It looks great.
    Last edited by Maik Tobin; 09-09-2009 at 4:15 PM.

The plans were in the 30th anniversary issue, #181. I got the clockworks from clockparts.com. The movement - with 4 chiming options, may still be on sale for $27. Check them out.

Blog Entries

Thumbs up another clock...

Hi Patrick,
    Looking good, handsome cherry clock, nice work!
    All of sudden, completed projects are flying out of your hopper...
    your a good Dad to be wanting to make her b-day special.
    see you in the sawdust,
    Walt

ps What are you planning to build next?
    There are no shortcuts to anywhere worth going! WCC

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind - Dr. Seuss

Crohn's takes guts. WCC

Very nice clock.

Quote Originally Posted by Walt Caza View Post

ps What are you planning to build next?
    Already started - a pair of cherry nightstands from a recent WOOD magazine cover. I'll stain them to match the dresser I just built, so even tho the design is different, they'll look like a matched bedroom set.