Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Who has ordered their Sawstop PCS?

Who has ordered their Sawstop PCS?

Well I bit the bullet this morning. Ordered the SS Professional... $3400 with mobile base, dado and tax.. 20% down. They said they are being told they will start shipping in August..

I called Sawstop this afternoon and she said pre orders are being shipped end of August first of September. Anyone heard anything else?

Thinking about it....

I'm seriously thinking about ordering one also. Does anyone know if the price goes up after 7/31? I know you get a free blade if ordered before 7/31.

Thanks,
    Ed

I would venture to say that the price WON'T go down, so you may as well get the free blade.

I'm sure you'll be happy. They make a good saw. My saw passes the nickle test no problem. I can start, cut wood and stop the saw with the nickle standing.

Woodcraft told me that it will go up $400 after July. I don't know if I believe them but it didn't matter I already made up my mind...

Don't quote me, but I really doubt the saw will jump $400 after July. With the economy the way it is and the fact that SS has always said the saw will be at the 3K mark, I doubt it. My quess is you will loose the free blade and price may go to $2999, up $100.

I am waiting to win mine from Wood magazine's giveaway.

David,
    I pulled the trigger on mine last week. My dealer said about the same as yours as far as delivery time frame. Now as far as cost increase, I haven't heard anything but I wouldn't doubt it.
    Kerry

Over and over again I've read the price point was $3K, probably to keep in line with two other premium TS out there, I don't see them raising above $3K before the saw even gets to market, but that's just my speculation, they can do whatever they want. You may not get the free blade promotion, but I have no idea what kind of quality the "titanium" blade is.
    Where did I put that?

Hey guys, resurrecting this post to ask about the 20% down to mention/ask a couple of things.

David, if I'm reading this correctly, you bought it from Woodcraft and they let you put 20% down and then you'll pay the rest upon delivery or at least close to taking delviery?

The reason I ask is that I (like you) had made up my mind about buying one, but was putting off the actual purchase for a few months. When I read your post about putting 20% down, I then kind of said, okay, I'll go in and commit to it with a down payment to take advantage of the blade if you "purchase" by 7/31.

Went to the local WC yesterday to spend more than I should during their Anniversary sale, and they told me (initially) they wouldn't accept a 20% down, they'd need the full commitment up front. I was unaware of the 20% down option until I saw this post a few days ago, so I fully expected to have to put down the whole amount when I did pull the trigger. I also asked about any price increases and they didn't make it sound like the price would change after 7/31, you just wouldn't have the blade option after 7/31, like a few others have said here.

I didn't notice when I first read the post that you bought it from WC but seeing that you did, I asked if they'd accomodate mine in the same way. I know they're all franchised and just because one does doesn't mean they all will.

On a side note, I spend about $500 there yesterday and as the Mg was helping me out to my truck with all I purchased he said to come back in by Thursday and they'd see what they could do about accomodating the down payment.

Just wanted to see if you had to pursuade them to do the down payment or it was an open option?

Also wanted to say thanks for the post because after reading this and seeing the down payment option you got, it gave me the extra push to take the step towards the purchase. I've been battling over it for a few months now as to when I was going to take the leap.

You are welcome.. Actually the 20% down was brought up by them.. I know it is a way to lock in an order.. It would be hard for most people to walk away from 600 or 700 bucks.. For me it was a way to get the ball rolling plus gave me 60 days to "save" for the balance. (aka sell a bunch of crap).

If it helps.. Here is the store info.. Tell them you had a friend buy one last week with 20% down and maybe they could call to see how that store is doing it...

175 E Alex Bell Rd # 264
    Dayton, OH 45459-2794
    (937) 438-1282

On a side note. I am working on a little desk clock for my grandpa and I am using a craftsman contractor saw that I can't seem to keep in line. It just gets frustrating fighting a piece of equipment to get straight cuts.. The new saw will be a welcome in many ways....
    Last edited by David Schmaus; 07-26-2009 at 12:38 PM.

I actually mentioned it to them yesterday but I didn't know you had bought it at a WC. When (notice the commitment I'm putting out now) I go back in to order it, I'll make sure to let them know it was a WC store in Dayton.

I hear ya, that definitely got me a lot more commited to actually doing it when I saw the 20% down. I don't mean to come off like WC was being jerks about it by any means. I completely understand where their stance is, but if it can go this way, I'll probably be all over it. It was wierd how they initially told me they couldn't do it, but then as he was helping me out he said come back in and we'll work something out.

I'm like you. I currently have a 1.75HP Craftsman contractor saw and am tired of spending 10-15 minutes to line up one cut and then hope it cuts straight. A lot of that is on me from not taking care of it in the beginning (my first TS). but really need something beefy'r.

Thanks again for your post. If / when I get the new TS, I'l post some pics.

Todd,

I ordered mine through the WC in Albuquerque. When I initially called to inquire about the cost and delivery options of the PCS, Phillip (Mgr) told me about the 20% down right up front.

Shipping

Resurrecting an old thread... Just got an email from Sawstop that my new PCS will ship this week to the distributor I bought from and should be delivered to me next week. WOOHOO!

You gonna feel like a kid on christmas morning when the woodcraft store calls.

A local high school bought 2 PCS saws this summer that arrived last week. The reason they bought the PCS saws was cost and the fact that the UNI's they were replacing were the newer lighter duty vintage that had been in service for about 10 years and were holding up just fine. So we will see how the PCS holds up in a school environment. I know the teacher that will be teaching cabinet classes for the next year. It will be interesting to hear what he thinks and how they hold up.

Do you know if they will ship with the new overarm dust collection guard?

I got my PCS thru their field testing program, but I'm still waiting for the "upgrades" that are supposedly coming out on the production models...

Anyone know when they are supposed to ship?

Thanks

Andy