Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone do business with Tool King?

Anyone do business with Tool King?

Does anyone have any feedback about their experience with this vender?

toolking.com

Thanks,

Dan
    Last edited by Keith Outten; 09-15-2009 at 6:45 AM.
    Eternity is an awfully long time, especially toward the end.

-Woody Allen-

Critiques on works posted are always welcome

Yes. I've bought a bunch of stuff from them. No complaints.

Never heard of them but they have a lot of stuff. Prices look pretty standard.

Randy Walker
    Grandpa
    Well equiped wood shop

Universal VLS230
    Sand Carving toys

Corel X8
    Randy Walker aka woodchuck
    Duck River Woodturners VP
    TAW member, Symposium comity member
    Volunteer Woodturners member
    Dickson Woodturners member

Bought my Makita Lithium Ion set there last year. Very competitive price, fast shipping. I wouldn't hesitate to buy from them again.
    Making furniture teaches us new ways to remove splinters.

I ordered a jointer from them when they had a free freight promotion. It came on time with no issues.

Bought a toe kick saw from them a few years ago. no complaints on the cost or shipping. The saw on the other hand is the most dangerous thing i have ever used!!!!! but it got the job done.

as stated above decent prices and service. shipped quickly. I bought myself a dewalt router kit. I actually won gift card there from The Wood Whisperer so I used for this purpose.

Good luck.
    NWB
    "there is no such thing as a mistake in woodworking, only opportunities to re-assess the design"

Check out their ebay store. You can get some really good prices on stuff from time to time by going that route, and then get MS Cashback on top a good deal.

Ship fast and packaged well.
    "Remember back in the day, when things were made by hand, and people took pride in their work?"
    - Rick Dale

I get toolking's emails and while I've never used them, I also wouldn't hesitate to if there was something I needed. They also have coupons floating around from time to time.

However, I would encourage people to also check out Hardware Sales for similar refurb and mail-order tool type stuff. HS is right down the street from me and they are a good local family owned business that happens to have a big mail-order arm as well. They also currently have free shipping.

Not a problem

I check their prices and have bought some things there w/out problems.

I recently ordered a Jessem Mite-R-Excel miter gauge from them, by way of Amazon. At the time I bought mine, it was $189 on Amazon (again FROM Toolking), $229 on the Toolking website itself. The guage had a lot of problems, and I returned it. To my surprise, the credit came from Amazon, and INCLUDED a refund of the shipping costs. Since I had also been given a prepaid mail label, the transaction cost me nothing, other than time. If you're considering buying from Toolking, I'd suggest you check Amazon 1st.

Dan

Bought a few items from them before, everything went smoothly

Quote Originally Posted by James Evans View Post
    Bought a toe kick saw from them a few years ago. no complaints on the cost or shipping. The saw on the other hand is the most dangerous thing i have ever used!!!!! but it got the job done.
    I had never heard of a toe kick saw so I went and looked it up. Yep, that would scare the bejesus out of me, also.

Mike
    Go into the world and do well. But more importantly, go into the world and do good.