Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Humbled

Humbled?

Quote Originally Posted by Charles Newman
    I just want to say that after seeing the pictures of some of the work that has been done I am humbled, you guys do some great work. I made a Chess board last weekend. Made from Brazilian Cherry, Poplar and framed in Oak finished with a satin clear coat. I thought it was ok my kids thought is was actually great. I was planning on giving it to my oldest on his birthday. He will be 12 next month. But after seeing the pictures I need to buckle down. Now I am debating weather to use it for fire wood or not. Just kidding I will give it to him. Currently I am limited with proper equipment but I am trying to remedy that. I nave no Joiner or table saw. The wife thinks I am nuts but I can accept that. Keep up the great work.

Charles,
    I am "humbled" every time I make a project for ANYONE! If anyone on this board ever says that they made the "perfect" project, I would like to hear from them. I'm the exception. Most of my stuff makes the "perfect" fire!

Seriously though, your son will forever treasure the chess board that his dad made! (What is a chess board? ). ANYTHING that is handmade is FAR more appreciated than something you can buy from a toy store! Just make sure that you keep his XBOX games up to date. He will have MANY years to appreciate the chess board.

A short story: When my daughter was in kindergarten, she made her first "woodworking project". As you can see from the pic, it was a crude keyholder with her picture on it. BIG DEAL!! The next year she made another keyholder. "Dad, this one is MUCH better!! It's got a picture of a TRAIN on it!" I was into model railroads at the time.

Now, forty-one years later, you can see the one that I treasure. It's been in my shop since day one and will remain until day zero.

Some of you may remember the story of the kitty collar and the mouse. I can't tell it again!

Charles, don't EVER be "humbled" by someone elses work. It doesn't take an Einstein to know that everything is relative.

Dale T.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    I am so busy REMAKING my projects that I don't have time to make them the FIRST time!