Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Walnut Dresser

drawer slides

Brett,

check out the link.

http://www.leevalley.com/hardware/pa...=3,43614,43616

because you can rebate these slides into the drawers, they require less clearance, allowing a slightly larger drawer and a much cleaner look.

That's a great introduction. Beautiful job on the grain matching. Walnut is one of my favorite woods to work with.

great looking piece

i just got a great deal on some walnut and plan on making a bedroom set.

your piece is identical to one im planing

what are your dimensions? width, depth, height?

thanks

kendall

Great piece. Is it your own design or did you have plans to go by. I have been looking for some plans for a dresser like the one you built for a while. If you did use plans would you mind sharing where you got them

As others have said beautiful piece it all works so well. Haven't seen that HW you used for the pulls before??
    Dan

questions answered

Thanks to all for looking and your comments. A few have asked questions. I'll do my best. I did not work from a plan, just made a drawing after viewing Gene Howe's Walnut Highboy. Everybody should have a look.

Link

http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?p=1081998

I made many changes, but looked at Gene's today and love his design as well. He told me the plan for his was available from Wood Magazine I believe.

My dimensions are 64.25 inches tall, 32 inches wide and 19 deep. The three lower drawers are 8" deep, the next up are 6 and the three upper drawers are 4".

I used a 29" wide drawer for easy math. That makes the 6" drawers 14" wide with a 1" divider and the upper drawers 9" wide with 2 1" dividers.

Dan Lee asked about the hardware. I love the hardware for this project, and found it at the Lee Valley Store in Burlington after picking other possibilities from the catalogue. The hardware is new enough to Lee Valley that it was not in last year's catalogue.

It's called Twin Bow - here's the link........

http://www.leevalley.com/hardware/pa...=3,41399,41408

Sam Layton asked about panel thickness. I used a reversible rail and stile cutter which leaves a quarter inch slot for panels. Years ago I built a raised panel cherry wall for my parents and I toyed with the idea of raised panels for this project. I'm glad I left the panels flat - bookmatching would not have been nearly so effective with raised panels. Sam, if there are specific construction questions, ask away.

hope this helps........

Paul