Thread: Monte verde pen

Monte verde pen

Some one brought me a Monte Verde Pen. The top is shiny and looks like chrome but not sure, Does any one know if that pen is laser engraveable with thermark? I am concerned that it is chrome plated plastic.
    Vytek 4' x 8', 35 watt. Epilog Legend 100 watt, Graphtec plotter. Corel x-4, Autocad 2008, Flexi sign, Adobe Illustrator, Photo Impact X-3 and half a dozen more.

I would be surprised if you're dealing with coated plastic. MonteVerde is a quality pen. Everything listed on their website as chromed is either chrome over brass or chrome over alloy.

“Life is not so short but that there is always time enough for courtesy and chivalry.” —Ralph Waldo Emerson

Everybody knows what to do with the devil but them that has him. My Grandmother
    I had a guardian angel at one time, but my little devil got him drunk, tattooed, and left him penniless at a strip club. I have not had another angel assigned to me yet.
    I didn't change my mind, my mind changed me.
    Bella Terra

We called them, It was chrome plated acrylic. They did not recomend engraving it.
    Vytek 4' x 8', 35 watt. Epilog Legend 100 watt, Graphtec plotter. Corel x-4, Autocad 2008, Flexi sign, Adobe Illustrator, Photo Impact X-3 and half a dozen more.

LOL . . . Do I have to admit I was wrong? I don't suppose I could get by on a technicality and say that acrylic isn't exactly plastic.

Glad you got the answer you needed.
    Last edited by Belinda Barfield; 09-24-2009 at 4:37 PM.

“Life is not so short but that there is always time enough for courtesy and chivalry.” —Ralph Waldo Emerson

Everybody knows what to do with the devil but them that has him. My Grandmother
    I had a guardian angel at one time, but my little devil got him drunk, tattooed, and left him penniless at a strip club. I have not had another angel assigned to me yet.
    I didn't change my mind, my mind changed me.
    Bella Terra

Yea we will let you slide on that but you are right on part of it they are expensive pens.