Have any of you used one of these? Do they work well? The price is right, but it is a 4 hour round trip. I'd like to know if it is worth spending half of my Saturday to go get it.
Here's some additional information that may be helpful.
So, I guess the real question is, should I spend my Saturday finishing the sander that I've already got, or do I drive to BFE to buy the one in the picture? The cost of both options is about the same. Which one will yield the most consistent and predictable thickness?
- From what I can tell, it looks like a Performax 22-44 Pro without the table.
- I intend to use this to thickness figured stock and thin stock for bent wood laminations.
- I actually have the stuff to build one of the under the table mounted ones like they sell at Stockroomsupply.com, but I haven't finished it because:
- I really don't have the room.
- I'm not sure if I can control the thickness of the material using a sander without a height adjustment.