Thread: Flooring finally finished

Flooring finally finished

Well, 500 square feet of floor later and all the old nasty carpet and terrible kitchen floors are gone and replaced with 5/8 inch solid bamboo.

The kitchen floor had, and I kid you not: Luan, Glue down linoleum tiles, Luan, roll out vinyl, peel and stick linoleum and finally a floating laminate floor for a grand total of 1.5 inches thick of flooring...

I'm quite happy with the way it all turned out. But most importantly, the wife and dog approve.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Pete Schupska View Post
    The kitchen floor had, and I kid you not: Luan, Glue down linoleum tiles, Luan, roll out vinyl, peel and stick linoleum and finally a floating laminate floor for a grand total of 1.5 inches thick of flooring...
    it's great to clean up after lazy second rate contractors, isn't it?

i haven't gotten around to mine yet, but it's about 2 inches high of the living room and dining room so i may beat your 1.5 inches when i get around to it .

Lazy previous owners

I'm pretty sure it was just lazy previous owners... the trim all looks like they cut it blindfolded... using a Gerbil.

Looks nice Pete. I have never seen bamboo used for flooring. BTW.. I like the teal down below the chair rail. Doing the darker under and lighter over really added some pia-zazz to the room. Good call!..
    Sarge..

Woodworkers' Guild of Georgia
    Laissez Les Bons Temps Rouler