Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Getting the 450 lb G0690 from truck gate to garage

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick Moyer View Post
    Never saw that either. My 0691, as well as any other thing I got from Grizzly, was right side up.
    btw, I pick up my stuff at Grizzly and have never had any damaged crating/packaging. I suspect the delivery services are to blame in most cases for damage. (albeit, sometimes the crating/packaging could be sturdier).
    I don't remeber if the box was upside down or not. It made the assembly easier so I assumed it was supposed to be that way. Maybe because the g0661 is a contractor saw and has to have the legs assemble to it?

2. This is something that seems harder than it is. If the machine will fit on a liftgate, ask for a liftgate truck. Lots of times this is free, and if it's not it's a small upcharge. They have to have a pallet jack to get it on the liftgate so they are generally pretty agreeable to dropping it exactly where you want it.

Once you have it where you want it, you need to get it off the pallet. Add supports under the legs, and cut away the pallet with a sawzall. Then you have a table saw on blocks. Simply lever one leg at a time off the blocks with a 2x6, and you're home free. Be careful, but it's really not a bad project.

Quote Originally Posted by scott vroom View Post
    ...Also, how do I lift it onto a mobile base?

Thanks-
    I put my heavy old Powermatic planer on a mobile base recently. You need at least two people.

Tilt the machine onto one long side, then stack some boards under the raised edge. Now tilt the machine onto the boards and stack some more boards under that newly raised edge.

When the machine is on boards high enough to slip the base under, tip it on one edge, remove the boards opposite, roll the base under as far as you can. Make sure the wheels won't roll, then tip/slide/wiggle the machine onto the base.

This turned out surprisingly easy to do in my case.

Forearm Forklift from Lee Valley!!

Get some strong pals to help you and then you help them by using these. I have these and can attest to the amazing way they help!!! Straight back, no bending at the waist, your doctor would be proud of ya... Lee Valley item 88F02.03