Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Most unusual Bill Pentz style cyclone ever?

Now that is just cool.

2. Looks fantastic. An inspiration. One thing that concerns me about making it out of wood - how will it stand up to abrasion of dust and chips moving around inside. I guess time will tell, but I wonder what your thoughts were / are on that?

Remember that the inside is lined with the UHMW tape. That will lessen the abrasion.

Well, it's been some time since I finished construction. Overall, it's still working well. The only real issue I have come across is that the UHMW tape simply lost adhesion. I only noticed when I went to move it to insulate the garage - The inside strips of tape were hanging loose in some places. I removed all of them, since I really do not do enough throughput for abrasion to be a concern. I'll update this thread if the barrel wears through Cheers, Allan.

Very cool!

The Grizzly looks like the Woodtek looks like the Central Machinery looks like the Clarke etc etc. The big key on these is the actual motor specs and the impeller.

http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?t=9933

The above is my BP cyclone build from METAL...not this silly wood stuff! haha

Towards the end, I show how I also bolted mine up into the rafters (12' high).
    Wood: a fickle medium....

Did you know SMC is user supported? Please help.