Thread: Vanity Door Knob Placement Question

Vanity Door Knob Placement Question

Ready to install vanity door, but undecided on the place of knob.

Was thinking about 1" for side edge, 3" from top. Other option is center (from top to bottom) of stile.

Is there a normal location?

Door is 16"x26"
    Attached Images Attached Images

No hard rules here.
    My preference:
    Center of the stile;
    in line with one of the lines created by the inside edge of rail, or raised panel.
    It usually comes out 2 to 3 inches from the top or bottom of door (top, in your case) depending on the door design. The larger the diameter of the knob, the higher in that range I like to go.
    It's really your preference, but I will say definitely not in the center (up and down) of the door.

Blog Entries
    There is no such thing as normal position or hard & fast rulles for where handles or pulls should go. Generally on cabinets above a counter the handles are mounted near the bottom of the door. Doors below counter top level usually have the handles near the top , but there are lots of exceptions. My suggestion is to stick the pull on with some double sided tape and see how it looks. If you like how it looks then drill the holes otherwise move it and try again.
    Lee Schierer
    USNA '71
    Go Navy!

My advice, comments and suggestions are free, but it costs money to run the site. If you found something of value here please give a little something back by becoming a contributor! Please Contribute

Thanks Bill and Lee.

Will place at top.