Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Thread: What CNC machine would work best?

Man what a day

Thanks to you and some others I will have no time to work on my golf swing

Bryan

No prob on the shirts, I need to get some more on the way so Robert what size do you need as well

Quote Originally Posted by james mcgrew View Post
    welcome aboard robert, i did not know who you were until now, tell us about what you are planning to cut, i will be happy to help in any way i can!! register at camheads.org. actually you got a x2 head full size cobra and at 10' long you are gonna enjoy this!!. i told joey to make my new machine head right along side yours as i am using the same head on my new machine

jim
    Thanks, I did the same thing Keith Outten did. I bought a laser over 4 years ago. Made some money not lots, but I also wanted to eventually get a CNC router. As for work. I am having Joey at Camaster put a second tool on so I can use a belt sander to put in decorative marks in copper or stainless. I also have a neighbor across the street who does machining and he will send work my way. And I will try my artistic, and technical skills on woodwork and Corian. So I have alot of things to do and try. But for now before the machine comes I will start getting a collection of router bits, practice with the software, and get the electrical work done, put some business card with people who I have worked with, who know my skills. I will be busy, just the way I like it.
    The funny thing about this whole episode was originally when I made the decision to get a factory built CNC, I was looking at Shopbot, and I like shopbots I went to see people over the years who have gotten one.And they are great machines, but Keith asked me to look ar camaster. And I was impressed. A very solid built machine. They custom build their machines. So I was not limited to a certain size (I'm having extra width added on the y axis for my second tool) Plus the prices were very close to what shopbot sells their machines.
    Camaster CR410 & Epilog Helix
    Prosperity, is something that business people create.......for politicians to take the credit for.

Quote Originally Posted by Joey Jarrard View Post
    No prob on the shirts, I need to get some more on the way so Robert what size do you need as well
    Men's large Thanks
    Prosperity, is something that business people create.......for politicians to take the credit for.

Robert

Not a problem Have a great weekend. And try not to think yellow thoughts all the time.
    Joey

just to wet your whistle, here is a video of my x3 when we were machining the chess players

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_yrw1...eature=related

OK, NOW it's official Thanks Joey for all your help thus far. I'm sure I will have plenty more questions soon after the MC arrives.

good for you, just ask and there are plenty of teachers, been looking at an industrial plant today cabinetry was mundane but when the owner found out from the designer what we could do for his lobby and boardroom we got the job!! (with the cnc of course)

jim

Little Update-

I received the CAMaster MC-2840 last Friday (10/23). Everything has been extremely crazy lately and I have yet to power it on. All the software is in and the computer hardware is 95% of the way there. I hope at the very least to spend some time with it this weekend.

I think I have everything I need except for time...

Big thanks to Joey @ CAMaster for fielding all my calls and emails. They will keep coming once I begin learning this new machine. And thanks to everyone on this forum who have helped me better understand the entire picture. I will post pictures and videos once we get the ball rolling.

Bryan

Bryan, glad to hear you got the new toy...uh...business machine in.
    I probably will not see my machine for a few weeks.
    What software did you finally go with? I will probably go with Aspire, because of the need to do 3-d work. I need to machine some curved or domed shaped lid pieces for some wood work that I am doing. And to do one lid takes me about a day to do. So with the Camaster, the amount of time to complete will be a lot less.

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Alexander View Post
    Bryan, glad to hear you got the new toy...uh...business machine in.
    I probably will not see my machine for a few weeks.
    What software did you finally go with? I will probably go with Aspire, because of the need to do 3-d work. I need to machine some curved or domed shaped lid pieces for some wood work that I am doing. And to do one lid takes me about a day to do. So with the Camaster, the amount of time to complete will be a lot less.
    Went with Cut2D as it currently meets my needs.

Who knows what the future may bring

Bryan,
    Thanks, If you need any thing this weekend post here or on CAMheads I check every time my wife leaves the room
    Joey Jarrard
    US Router Tools

Quote Originally Posted by Joey Jarrard View Post
    Bryan,
    Thanks, If you need any thing this weekend post here or on CAMheads I check every time my wife leaves the room
    I'm not sure what all is involved in getting Mach3 on the computer to talk to the router, but once I get to that point and have any problems, I'll let you or Frank know.

lets do it man, i want to here about those aluminum chips and how hot they are because you cant help but to stand close to get a good view
    Joey Jarrard
    US Router Tools

Quote Originally Posted by Guy Mathews View Post
    It came about as sarcasm toward another person and is now directed at anyone that stands around and says things like "We need to be thinking outside the box."

The original person was always going on with power quotes like that. One day he claimed to be a genius when it came to thinking outside of the box because of a great idea that he had. When I asked him how he was going to implement his idea, he did not have an answer.
    After about 2 minutes of silence, I looked at him and said,
    "Thinking outside the box is one thing, being able to accomplish what you think of, is another... " and with that, I turned my back and walked away from him. The other employees around us busted out laughing.

Tact has never been something that I have had much luck in. My mother tried to teach me tact, I have read about, I seen it being used by other people. I have even tried it once or twice, but alas, it never caught on!

Guy
    One of the most enjoyable posts and signatures I've read.
    Satire can be a profit center!
    Last edited by Keith Outten; 09-11-2010 at 9:54 PM.