Thread: Router Cabinet Addition

Router Cabinet Addition

Awhile ago I posted Ultimate Tablesaw Project. The post can be found @ http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?t=119663&highlight=ultimate+tablesa w+project

Anyway this is that project finally completed with the addition of the router cabinet beneath the table saw extension. Here are some pics. I hope you enjoy them as much as I did building it.
    Attached Images Attached Images

More Pictures

3. Must say, you've got some wicked organizational skills. Though I find the drawer-o-drills in your table saw base mind boggling and I wonder how much use those to the back ever get..

You know, maybe instead of investing all this time and money like this, maybe you should invest in some router bits ... ?

I'm confused. The fence looks like it is on the wrong side. I don't like reaching over a table saw blade and don't think I would a router bit. I realize a push stick could be used but set up would be a little more challenging but old school things are hard to change.

Scott,
    I use bits depending on the project not the place in the drawers. I had to do something with them. Before I finished this project they were in plastic containers against each other. Luckily they are none the worse for wear but now I have one less thing to worry about.

Cliff,
    I think I can get by with the bits I have for the time being.

Frank,
    If you ever watched Woodworks maybe you will remember David Marks tablesaw and router are set up the same way minus the router cabinet. His fence is made differently but functions the same.

More pictures and info on the fence would be appreciated. Not sure what's going on except it apprears to be set over the table saw fence. Are you running your wood from front to back like on the table saw?
    My three favorite things are the Oxford comma, irony and missed opportunities

The problem with humanity is: we have paleolithic emotions; medieval institutions; and God-like technology. Edward O. Wilson

Here are some more pictures. I removed the sacrificial fence and connected the router fence directly to the Biesemeyer Table Saw Fence. Hopefully the pictures will be less confusing this way.

The router fence is copied and altered from an article in the paperback "Jigs & Fixtures for the Table Saw and Router (The Best of Woodworkers Journal)" ISBN number 978-1-56523-325-6 in case you want to Google it.

I just push the fences together and clamp them in place. I thought this was clear from my first post where I stated:

"Awhile ago I posted Ultimate Tablesaw Project. The post can be found @ http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?t=119663&highlight=ultimate+tablesa w+project "

I use the router just like you would the tablesaw with the wood direction the same. The direction of the router bit is correct for this.

Very nice. I just got the drawers on mine done a week ago but still need to paint the fronts to match the cabinet. It's nice to put some unused space to good use.
    Use the fence Luke

I especially like the way my DW618B3 kit fits into the side, case and all.

Jerry, that is cool (my case is shoved away in some corner of the crawl space).

I think the coolest thing is the way that you have the switch for the router feeding through the front panel. It looks like you have a dust collection bin below that - I can't tell.

Jerry, that is a great set up. I really like the fence, and the way you incorporated the dust collection.

Good job, Sam

Carl,

I have no dust collection bin inside the cabinet. I may cut the back of the cabinet and add a port to pull dust if it becomes a problem but so far I'm seeing the need. The dust collection built into the fence seems to be doing the job quite nicely.

My extra routers are inside a drawer below the router that's mounted in the table.

Thanks guys for all the nice compliments.