Thread: Comment Please: Jet JC-3CF 3 hp Dust Collector

Question Comment Please: Jet JC-3CF 3 hp Dust Collector

I am happy with my current DC: Delta 2hp 50-181 2-stage, with cyclone accessory + 6' x 3' dia filter bag.

HOWEVER - the Jet system is available at auction on the IRS site, and it would be a definite upgrade. Listed as "showroom floor demo only" use. Depends on final price, of course.

Any experience with the Jet? Any comments on switch/don't switch/etc?
    When I started woodworking, I didn't know squat. I have progressed in 30 years - now I do know squat.

Do you have a link for the new system? What are the spec and what not? I would say that if your current system meets your DC requirements that there would be no need to upgrade. Do you have a duct-work system or do you connect from machine to machine? If you have duct-work, and you want to hook up more machines then you may want to get a bigger unit. If you are machine to machine, then I would say that you are fine with what you have.

Chuck
    Last edited by Chuck Isaacson; 10-09-2009 at 3:43 PM.

Chuck - good points all. Yes, I looked through the specs of the Jet, and I know the specs on my current one. I have "ahem" duct work, which looks a lot like flex hose on the floor. It is hooked to the jointer + TS - can run them with both gates open, but usually I close the gate on the one not in use. For the planer, I need to move a hose. I have plans to put hard pipe in for those, plus a run to BS + DP.

Beyond the 50% bump in HP, the Jet has a some features that would be nice, although to be honest, I could jury-rig my current DC to add/mimic much of that if I spent some $$, though the twin cannister filters would be pretty pricey (I hate the filter bag I have).

I freely admit that part of this is more, bigger, faster junkie stuff.
    When I started woodworking, I didn't know squat. I have progressed in 30 years - now I do know squat.