Thread: My resaw fence and extension

My resaw fence and extension

Every once in a while the subject of fences for resawing comes up. I've probably posted something similar to this before, but I just got this new (to me) saw and made a new fence for it, and figured out a good way to attach the outfeed. So I thought I'd share it.

It is just a plywood angle with some braces. But instead of using clamps, I drilled two holes in the table (oh calm down!) so I could use t-bolts to adjust it (note the t-slots in the bottom of the fence). I used the Rockler bit to cut those t-slots. If you're still buying aluminum t-slot material every time you need a t-slot, do yourself a favor and get one of the Rockler bits. They save a ton of time and money. The slows are plenty strong.

Anyway, a couple of knobs from underneath can crank it down plenty tight.

I also ran the back edge about 2" over, so I can add an outfeed table (also in the pictures) for supporting longer pieces. The Rockler adjustable roller thingy has been adapted with a wood block on top. My outfeed table is not attached to this, it just rests on it. The outfeed table attaches (when needed) with a couple of flat-head socket screws and some wingnuts.

If you suffer blade drift, I'd suggest fixing the underlying problem. BUT, the t-slots and bolts allow one to angle the fence quite a bit if you just want to deal with the drift that way.
    Attached Images Attached Images

That looks really nice, Phil! Very well thought out and executed, too.

Ditto on making your own T-Slots. I've saved a ton of money by buying that Rockler bit that you mention.

Again, very nice accessory. Thanks for sharing.
    Stephen Edwards
    Hilham, TN 38568

"Build for the joy of it!"