Thread: Excellent Rikon Customer Service!

Excellent Rikon Customer Service!

Had a very satisfactory experience with Rod, Rikon's technical support VP this week. I've been having trouble with the guide bearings on my 14" deluxe bandsaw (10-325) - it was probably my fault in not knowing what I was doing, but anyway - he sent me, free of charge, a complete, brand new, upper and lower guide set. Just arrived today. That's great customer service, and I'll slow down a little and be more careful with these. Mike
    Attached Images Attached Images

If you're replacing the lower guide assembly

check the carriage bolt-like head that the lower thrust bearing hits against. I had a problem with my thrust bearing not being able to travel far enough back to be able to center a 3/4" band on the wheels. There is a new bolt available where the head is ground thinner giving the lower thrust bearing a little more rearward travel. Something to look at. I replaced my lower thrust bearing with a smaller O.D. bearing. This limits how narrow a blade I can run but 1/4" seems to work okay.

curt, by 3/4" band, do you mean 3/4" blade? i was told that for this size saw, a 1/2" blade is the largest that can be properly tensioned - your thoughts? just want to know. mike

Rikon claims that a 3/4" blade will work with that saw, and I use that size on mine for resawing.

ok. whatever works works. mike

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Minto View Post
    curt, by 3/4" band, do you mean 3/4" blade? i was told that for this size saw, a 1/2" blade is the largest that can be properly tensioned - your thoughts? just want to know. mike
    I've used a Timberwolf 3/4" .025" thickness blade and it seemed to work okay. I've thought about bi-metal blades but most of those are thicker so I assume would require more tension and I don't know how that would work out. I've been using 1/2" Lenox or SuperCut and they seem to work as well as the 3/4" in my limited experience.