Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Classic plastic restore

Quote Originally Posted by Brian George View Post
    The troubling part is what do I do with the glass sliding hatch cover. A lot of water seps in through that sloppy hatch cover.
    I've never built one. Go through the books I mentioned to find a proven design in wood. Copying the original may not be satisfactory.
    “Perhaps then, you will say, ‘But where can one have a boat like that built today?’ And I will tell you that there are still some honest men who can sharpen a saw, plane, or adze...men (who) live and work in out of the way places, but that is lucky, for they can acquire materials for one third of city prices. Best, some of these gentlemen’s boatshops are in places where nothing but the occasional honk of a wild goose will distract them from their work.” -- L Francis Herreshoff

I checked out Glen-L and will spend more time there, however, chappell's, Gardners' and Macintosh took come up in google.

David C. "Bud" McIntosh, How to Build a Wooden Boat, Woodenboat Pubs, 1987.

Pages 180 through 182 have complete detail on exactly what you require.

I scanned them for you but they are 15 megs in readable format. Have an email that'll handle that?
    Last edited by Bob Smalser; 10-14-2009 at 12:56 PM.
    “Perhaps then, you will say, ‘But where can one have a boat like that built today?’ And I will tell you that there are still some honest men who can sharpen a saw, plane, or adze...men (who) live and work in out of the way places, but that is lucky, for they can acquire materials for one third of city prices. Best, some of these gentlemen’s boatshops are in places where nothing but the occasional honk of a wild goose will distract them from their work.” -- L Francis Herreshoff

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Smalser View Post
    David C. "Bud" McIntosh, How to Build a Wooden Boat, Woodenboat Pubs, 1987.

Pages 180 through 182 have complete detail on exactly what you require.

I scanned them for you but they are 15 megs in readable format. Have an email that'll handle that?
    I use gmail and think that it will handle a file that size. We can at least try.
    Thank you so much for your help...

It might be a good idea to include my email, which is "captainbg@gmail.com."