Thread: Is there a riser block to fit the ridgid bs other than rigdids

Is there a riser block to fit the ridgid bs other than rigdids

I have an older ridgid bandsaw the gray one and I need a few more inches of resaw is there another manufactures riser kit that will fit? or do I have to buy the one from ridgid?

Grizzly's fits nicely. I have it on my (grey) Ridgid.
    I drink, therefore I am.

Mike and Lance how does the saw do with the riser is there tensioning issues or does it do okay?

Justin... it does just fine. There are no issues at all with adding a riser to the saw. Keep in mind, its not going to be a resaw monster with a 3/4 horse motor. I did mine because I make bandsawn boxes with it and needed just a few more inches, (like you stated), and it handles this with ease. I think its a great upgrade.
    My favorite cologne is BLO

Agreed that there are no issues. Tensioning might be a little different from where you "set" it without the riser, but you'll get "used" to where it needs to be set.

I've upgraded the motor to a 1 1/2 HP. Doesn't bog down at all. I am not a resaw expert. For what I resaw (logs that would be for the wood stove, but have character) I just need to get the round off, then I take it to the jointer, planer, table saw... . I don't try to cut 1/8 or 1/16 inch veneers. The most precise I may try to get would be to resaw a piece of 8/4 to get two pieces of 7/8 or 3/4.

Not that mine/ours couln't handle the veneering, I just don't have a need for it.
    I drink, therefore I am.

Thanks for the input guys looks like griz will be getting more of my cash soon.