Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: OT (a bit) for people who watch NCIS

OT (a bit) for people who watch NCIS

Do any of you have any idea how Gibbs gets his boats out of the basement? I am pretty darn curious.

Eric
    Greensboro NC
    Woodworkers Store

I could ask my wife - I'm pretty sure it was actually mentioned in one show.
    I wondered why the baseball was getting bigger....then it hit me.

The boat will be in the basement until the final scene of the final episode. Gibbs will be seen sailing into the sunset in a boat as the closing credits roll. But, is it the boat from the basement?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Bill Arnold
    NRA Life Member
    Member of Mensa
    Live every day like it's your last, but don't forget to stop and smell the roses.

I think he said in one episode that this is his third boat? I am pretty sure they have left it as a mystery how he gets it out.

My wife says he tears them down and builds a new one. He does it for he release, now for having a boat. She saw it in an episode.

I have a theory. He's just a TV character on a set and doesn't really build boats in his basement. Nah, that would be too simple.
    Veni Vidi Vendi Vente! I came, I saw, I bought a large coffee!

I was always under the impression that he tears them down and starts another one. Mostly due to the "3rd boat" statement that Brian references above.

6. He goes to the set for Honey I shrank the kids and uses their equipment so he can just carry it up the stairs then reverse the process.
    Mark

I can't remember where I read this, but he builds them, then busts them up once he is finished the boat. Apparently the actor who plays Gibbs is an avid woodworker and even uses his own tools in the show.

My uncle actually knows someone that spent 3-4 years on and off in a basement workshop working on an elaborate boat (maybe canoe?). He had the width measured out carefully and it was supposed to go out no problem. Once it was finally done he discovered he'd forgotten to measure something about the stairs (maybe the overhead angle or turn at the top of the stairs or something). Anyway it went back down to the shop where it sat for quite a long while before he finally cut it up to get it out. Ouch.
    Use the fence Luke

I believe the design of Gibb's boat is actually from Glen-L. Seems like the last couple episodes show a empty basement with just tools laying around as if the boat had been recently removed.

Mac
    Last edited by Mac McQuinn; 10-13-2009 at 11:36 PM.

It happened to my dad a long time ago, he was building a huge book case and whe it was all done... he had to dissmentel the steps one by one until the book case would fit the opening of the stair case!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Josh Reet View Post
    I was always under the impression that he tears them down and starts another one. Mostly due to the "3rd boat" statement that Brian references above.
    That may be the case, but it's never actually been revealed. Everybody asks him about once a year and he just gives them a look.

Eric
    Greensboro NC
    Woodworkers Store

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Arnold View Post
    The boat will be in the basement until the final scene of the final episode. Gibbs will be seen sailing into the sunset in a boat as the closing credits roll. But, is it the boat from the basement?

The basement was empty when this season started. It's confused the hell out of all of his co-workers (and obviously me). This is either the third or the fourth boat that he has started.

Eric
    Greensboro NC
    Woodworkers Store

I had a friend that built an airplane in his basement
    when he was done they dugout the the foundation on the gable side removed the foundation wall

He still says it was cheaper than renting a shop for 10 years, plus he has a walkout basement now...

Having worked in The Industry for twenty some years, IT'S CALLED SMOKE AND MIRRIORS.

Quote Originally Posted by Marty Rose View Post
    Having worked in The Industry for twenty some years, IT'S CALLED SMOKE AND MIRRIORS.
    I refuse to believe that it's not a documentary filmed in real time.

Eric
    Greensboro NC
    Woodworkers Store