Thread: Personalizing a Pen Box Need Help!

Question Personalizing a Pen Box Need Help!

Hello everyone finally getting to do some woodworking!
    I have been wanting to use the Bethlehem Olivewood pen blanks since I won them a few months back they also gave me 2 pen boxes. And the first person thats getting one is the Preacher at Church I have the pen finished and on the box I would like to personalize it with his name, the name of the Church, how long he has Preached there!
    I only have to this Sun to get it done!
    My writing skills suck so thats out!
    I also thought about using one of those brass plates like a trophy shop can make but I think it will look bad!
    Any Sug?
    Here is a pic of them
    Jim

Get thee over to Keith's shop in Hampton Rhodes and have him laser engrave them for you. It would likely be a fun trip, too...
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Hey, Jim,

Nice looking pen and case. He sure ought to like that. Hope you get it done in time.
    What you do today determines what you can do tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Becker
    Get thee over to Keith's shop in Hampton Rhodes and have him laser engrave them for you. It would likely be a fun trip, too...
    That would be a fun trip and also meet Keith but its 7hrs and 425 miles from where I live
    Thanks Jim

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Ketron
    That would be a fun trip and also meet Keith but its 7hrs and 425 miles from where I live
    I guess the chopper is in the shop this week, eh?

Check in the Laser forum to see if there is anyone closer to you.

Huntsville, AL (The Sun and Fun Capital of The South)
    Jim,

Search your local area businesses for someone who has a laser engraver. Olivewood engraves very nicely. Start with the "trophy" places
    "If you believe in yourself and have dedication and pride - and never quit, you'll be a winner. The price of victory is high - but so are the rewards" - - Coach Paul "Bear" Bryant
    Ken Salisbury Passed away on May 1st, 2008 and will forever be in our hearts.

Nice pen and box. The preacher should be pleased.
    Big Mike

I have done so much with so little for so long I am now qualified to do anything with nothing......

P.S. If you are interested in plans for any project that I post, just put some money in an envelope and mail it to me and I will keep it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Salisbury
    Jim,

Search your local area businesses for someone who has a laser engraver. Olivewood engraves very nicely. Start with the "trophy" places
    Thanks Ken I'll give it a try!
    BTW Ive almost got the 20 FPP pens done sorry for the delay but Ive been working on the new shop!
    Jim

Huntsville, AL (The Sun and Fun Capital of The South)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Ketron
    BTW Ive almost got the 20 FPP pens done sorry for the delay but Ive been working on the new shop!
    Jim
    No problem - get em when ya can

Nice pen

Nice pen , but you know me the box is the important thing. I really like the looks of that. At least two prayers should be offered in your name for that box.