Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: rotary axis

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by james mcgrew View Post
    video of full round

this is my second file

jim

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q8QlyC9-oyA
    Where is the video that shows the detail work being done?
    Thinking outside the box is one thing, being able to accomplish what you think of, is another.

Software Rhino 3.0 & 4.0, Corel 12, Adobe Photoshop & Illustrator, Parts Wizard, Visual Mill 5.0 & 6.0, Rhino CAM/Art, Claytools, Microsoft Word, Notepad.
    Access to Hardware CAMaster 510 ATC w/4th Axis 8' Lathe, Kitako 10 Spindle CNC 4th Axis Carving Machine, Polhemus FastScan and LDI Surveyor 3500 Laser Scanners, Sensable Haptics.

i let it run and do not have a vid of this one, today i may do it in larger scale and will video it

the file was actally longer and i stopped and cut it
    Attached Images Attached Images

it will not take long to learn some really good techniques some are beggining to evolve on vectrics forum

James, that is some really neat 4th axis work. How long have you been working with the Aspire software to get where you are today? Its too bad you are on the other side of the U.S. I sure would like to see your shop.
    Camaster CR410 & Epilog Helix
    Prosperity, is something that business people create.......for politicians to take the credit for.

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Alexander View Post
    James, that is some really neat 4th axis work. How long have you been working with the Aspire software to get where you are today? Its too bad you are on the other side of the U.S. I sure would like to see your shop.
    Robert,

Where are you located?
    CAMaster CR-408 Cobra X3

using aspire is bolsterd by its users forum and one can learn it much quicker than i did, i got vcarvepro in dec 07 and aspire in oct 08, the 3d came to me much better when we did the chess players as at that time i did not know squat, guy mathews, joesph brucoli (www.bossrocker.com ) and buddy easler a local shopbotter were my biggest help.

take on a project that seems impossible and just do it!! you will learn or else.

it is not smarter than you are, it just had the info sooner!!

we can do a crossloop session when you get ready and we will teach you, you are a CAMaster owner!!

jim

Blog Entries
    using aspire is bolsterd by its users forum and one can learn it much quicker than i did, i got vcarvepro in dec 07 and aspire in oct 08, the 3d came to me much better when we did the chess players as at that time i did not know squat, guy mathews, joesph brucoli (www.bossrocker.com ) and buddy easler a local shopbotter were my biggest help.

take on a project that seems impossible and just do it!! you will learn or else.

it is not smarter than you are, it just had the info sooner!!

we can do a crossloop session when you get ready and we will teach you, you are a CAMaster owner!!

jim
    Jim is being too modest. He knows more then he gives himself credit for.

What I highlighted in bold Jim speaks volumes, just take on the hardest thing you can and learn from that. You will have a very rewarding project when finished and all the others will be easier from that point on. Plus you will learn along the way.

Guy
    Thinking outside the box is one thing, being able to accomplish what you think of, is another.

Software Rhino 3.0 & 4.0, Corel 12, Adobe Photoshop & Illustrator, Parts Wizard, Visual Mill 5.0 & 6.0, Rhino CAM/Art, Claytools, Microsoft Word, Notepad.
    Access to Hardware CAMaster 510 ATC w/4th Axis 8' Lathe, Kitako 10 Spindle CNC 4th Axis Carving Machine, Polhemus FastScan and LDI Surveyor 3500 Laser Scanners, Sensable Haptics.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Savage1 View Post
    Robert,

Where are you located?
    I live about 750 miles to the north east of you in Farr West Utah. It is about 40 miles north of Salt Lake City.
    Prosperity, is something that business people create.......for politicians to take the credit for.

jim

I look forward to the training CAMaster Jedi.

I live about 750 miles to the north east of you in Farr West Utah. It is about 40 miles north of Salt Lake City.
    Well, we won't be sipping beers together anytime soon then, will we!?!
    CAMaster CR-408 Cobra X3

probably sooner than you think though!!

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Savage1 View Post
    Well, we won't be sipping beers together anytime soon then, will we!?!
    Maybe sugar free Root beer for me? Being diabetic for 40 plus years, I am careful what I eat and drink. I do hope that in the future there will be a Camaster get together, to share tips and stuff, like the Shopbotters do.

no alcohol here either, i have the "allergy" every time i had a drink i bought a bar, owned 32 before i found out all i had to do was stop drinking!!

yes we just had a gathering in my shop and many of the camaster owners were here! we will do it again in the spring

jim

Maybe sugar free Root beer for me? Being diabetic for 40 plus years, I am careful what I eat and drink. I do hope that in the future there will be a Camaster get together, to share tips and stuff, like the Shopbotters do.
    Sure, I mean, it has the word "beer" in it so it's got to be good.

It would definitely be cool to have a get together someday. We should probably do it at my house.

no alcohol here either, i have the "allergy" every time i had a drink i bought a bar, owned 32 before i found out all i had to do was stop drinking!!
    LOL!
    CAMaster CR-408 Cobra X3

I look forward to the training CAMaster Jedi.
    Give him a complex will ya! give him a big head we will all be calling him yoda!
    Joey Jarrard
    US Router Tools

Speaking of Jedi check out what James L is doing out in TN. he makes the molds for the helmets and the guns are carved out of wood on a MC BTW that is Frank our tech in the mask
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Joey Jarrard
    US Router Tools