Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I hate it when that happens

Quote Originally Posted by John Miliunas
    not even sure when that guy finds the time to make the money to buy all the tools he buys and still spend 23 hours a day out here!
    Simple answers...taking sales away from Chris' employer to the first and only 8.58 posts per day average for the latter. Multiple computers help, too...

-----
    Back to on-topic...Mark, I hope you heal quickly. That doesn't sound like much fun. And I'm glad you're checking for clots as they can be really bad news if not caught. Be well!

Quote Originally Posted by James Carmichael
    So that's who the movie "Mr. 3000" is about? Gosh, I know a celebrity.

Sorry to hear about your leg, Mark, hope it heals fast and well.

I've got a nice zipper on the second toe of my right foot to remind me of what "ScarySharp" means. Dropped a very sharp 1 1/2" bench chisel on my sandaled foot while cleaning out mortises for LOML's pergola a few weeks back and am very lucky it didn't hit at 90* or I'd be sharing Deion Sander's nickname of "Nine-toed".
    I learned real fast not to wear sandals in the shop. First time a 31" Bessey-K fell on my big toe was all it took. A week later a very sharp chisel rolled off my bench and landed blade down on my other toe...fortunately that time I had on my steel toed hiking boots!

Mark, sure hope you heal quickly. It's wonder you didn't get trapped between those logs!

Hope you get well soon Mark!
    Glad the saw didn't get ya!
    Jim

Thanks much everyone for the thoughts. Went to the doc yesterday. Good news no clots. Even if one forms it's below the knee & can be treated easily. More good news just a very slight fracture. No cast, just an air splint (I already had one) for walking. BUT, I'm running a fever soooooooooo I'm on antibiotics & have to keep the leg elevated for a couple of days & STAY OFF IT. Anybody want to come & play with some mini max toys & finish up this kitchen for me??????????

Actually my neighbor is a cabinet maker & a great guy & he owes me some shop time & I don't have to install this one & It's suppose to rain so inside the shop is dry & & &........................
    Last edited by Mark J Bachler; 09-24-2004 at 8:57 AM. Reason: I spelt for wrong

Glad to hear it wasn't any worse, Mark! Follow the Doc's advice. Elevate the leg, have the LOYL set you up with some beverages and catch up on your soap opera's!
    Cheers,
    John K. Miliunas

Cannot find REALITY.SYS. Universe halted.
    60 grit is a turning tool, ain't it?
    SMC is totally supported by volunteers and your generosity! Please help if you can!
    Looking for something for nothing? Check here!

There should be some juicy pics of this, Mark. You can post in OT if you like, too!
    Wood: a fickle medium....

Did you know SMC is user supported? Please help.