Thread: Blum Tandem Plus?

Blum Tandem Plus?

Creekers I'm sending out the call for help. I scored alot of Blum Tandem plus drawer slides. Pairs, and in various sizes from a shop that was closing up. I have never used these slides. I only use Accuride side mounts. But these are sweet and the price was very good. How the heck does the clip that mounts under the drawer. Mount onto the slide runner? I know it just clips on. And i checked youtube and blums site. But I'm having no luck. Can someone send me a link to an install video. Or tell how the heck this works. Thanks

Don't know that I've ever seen a video of the installation - other than a five minute portion of either the first or second episode of the New Yankee Workshop's 9-part series on building your own kitchen from several years ago.

Blum sells a special jig that allows you to drill the holes for mounting the runners on the bottom of the drawers.

On the Blum Tandem webpage, there is a whole list of downloadable pdf files:

http://www.blum.com/us/en/01/40/10/index.php

Look on the right side of the page - in the orange "Downloads" box.

Brian

your drawers need to be built to pretty exact specs to use these slides. The bottom recess has to be a particular depth. The backs have to be notched out to allow the drawers to mount. Some models require a hole drilled for a small metal tab.

tandems are pretty finicky, you'll need to find the exact aspects from somewhere. I imagine their website would be the first place to look.

Use the Blum Tandem web page as suggested. These sides are not difficult to install on a properly built drawer and will give you years of exceptional service.

couldn't figure this out either until a friend showed me how they fit and eureka! easy! Once the drawer box is correctly made and the rear notch/hole are in place, the slides/clips mount very easily. if you ever buy pre-fab drawers from a place like walzcraft or similar, they can mill the boxes with the required clearance and notches and you're ready to go.
    Good luck.

James
    These are super glides.
    They are all I use now.
    You will see on Blum's site, how they work and install.
    The only requirement is to carefully follow Blum specs for inside/outside sizes,
    clearance at the bottom and material thickness.

The drilling jig is convenient, but not required.

Good luck
    John