Thread: Jet DC 650. good deal or not?

Jet DC 650. good deal or not?

I can get a JET DC-650 Dust collector in great shape execpt the owner took out the switch and has it set to always be on when plugged in.

I can get it for 130.00 buck? IS that a good deal?
    Last edited by Dennis McGarry; 10-19-2009 at 8:18 AM.

I got a Jet 1100A for $150. I wouldn't offer him more than $100 especially with a missing switch.

He wont budge on the 130 price. Cheapest I found it on line was 150 on ebay.

I figure its either this one or the HF 2hp model. I will most likely give him the 130 for it. Maybe see if I can talk him into throwing in the router table he has as well..

I would pay the extra $20 to get one that doesn't have a wiring issue, or in need of a switch. By the time you end up replacing a switch, and your time involved, you will have exceeded the $20.

Get the HF model, for $139 that has been mentioned around the forums, and a coupon if available. Buy the extended plan, and you can have it replaced if anything goes wrong. The 1.5hp HF model, is a better buy than the 650, IMO, as it allows you to run more than one machine at a time.

Good Luck, Bill

The wiring for the switch is a non issue, I will have it wired directly to power as well anyway, then remote switches at the machine(s).

The HF one I know is more powerfull, but I also then have to include the cost of a new 1micron bag right off the bat, whereas the JET already is a 1micron machine. So add atleast 80.00 for the new bag..

The only machines that will be run on it, are the lathe, and bandsaw and table saw, none of which will be running at the same time at the moment.

Not to mention when all is said and done, the hf would be 154.00 plus another 80 plus shipping on the bag.. So total would be over 200.00

Would it really be worth it performance wise over the JET?

Lathe and bandsaw-dust collection is tough on them as it is. I'd go for more suck.