Thread: NYW and WGBH

NYW and WGBH

Below is a message I got today from WGBH the station that produces NYW. A couple of weeks ago I wrote them asking about the 2010 season of NYW. Below is their response. I wish they were right and Norm would be on the air next year with new shows. But it does not look like that will happen according to last weeks news release.
    This email makes me think that Norm's discontinuing the show is a surprise to WGBH too.

Dear Mr. Gregory, Thank you for your interest in WGBH. We always appreciate hearing from our viewers, listeners, and Web site visitors
    Thank you for your kind note regarding New Yankee Workshop. The 2010 season will premiere in January. We don't have an exact date yet, this information will be posted on the website as soon as it is finalized.: newyankeework
    It is an important part of the process of programming for public television and radio to benefit from the response of viewers and listeners. And we appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts with us.

We hope you continue to enjoy the programs on WGBH - produced in Boston, shared with the world.

To support the WGBH programs and services you enjoy every day, we urge you to contact us at 617-300-3300 (M-F, 9-5) - or at 800-492-1111 at other times - or pledging online at http://www.wgbh.org/pledge. Visit wgbh.org for information about WGBH programs and services and to sign up for our free weekly e-newsletter, @gbh, which includes reminders of upcoming programs on WGBH 2, 44, 89.7, information on your favorite PBS sites, answers to your questions, and the latest WGBH news.

Sincerely,
    WGBH Member Development and Services

WGBH enriches people's lives through programs and services that educate, inspire, and entertain, fostering citizenship and culture, the joy of learning, and the power of diverse perspectives.
    Last edited by Ken Fitzgerald; 10-19-2009 at 10:37 AM.
    Hello, My name is John and I am a toolaholic

I'll be glad when the 2010 programming is released and we know, for sure, without a doubt, what is going to happen!
    Last edited by Ken Fitzgerald; 10-19-2009 at 11:09 AM.
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....