Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Table Saw Blade

I have a Ridge Carbide rip & plywood blade. Both cut better than the Freud's I used before switching to Ridge - but the differences were minor. The Ridge blades have burly carbide tips and their blanks seem much more substantial. My main reason for trying Ridge in the first place is all their stuff is made in the USA - I do try to support US manufacturers who turn out a top quality product. I do get lazy at times and leave the 24 tooth rip blade on when cutting plywood and the finish is more than acceptable but trying to rip with an 80 tooth panel blade is something you are not likely to do > once.

Either is much better than the combo blades I have tried from the BORG's.

FWIW the Ridge Carbide 10" stacked dado is nothing short of awesome - pricey but makes flat/square dado's in hardwood ply with less splinters than anything else I have tried including CMT.

Plus 1 on the Delta 7657. I own WWII's, Freud LU84R's (50 tooth combo), but the 7657 stays on the main saw except when cross cutting veneer plywood, or melamine. For the price. it's hard to beat. Order a couple, and most likely the shipping drops. If so, then new is less than the cost of sharpening.

3. Freud

I bought a Freud Fusion and I don't see any reason to try anything else. I have to send it in to be sharpened but it's worth it. I'm going to buy another for use while one is being sharpened.

Dennis