Thread: Jewelry box advice.

Jewelry box advice.

I would like to make my fiance a jewelry box this year for one of her Christmas presents. I haven't deiced on a design for the inside of the box though, She has a lot of earrings, a pretty good amount of rings and a good amount of necklaces.. Noticing a costly pattern here?

Anyone have any ideas of the best way to organize all this stuff? I didn't really want a large stand up unit but I can't really think of any other way to get all this stuff in there without piling it on top of each other.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated, since I better get started soon or I will never build it

Thanks

You could always go over to Ebay and surf through their jewelry boxes. I bet they got just about any size and shape there is for sale. It would be about the best way I can come up with to give you some ideals.
    Oh remember buying jewelry and power tools go hand and hand.
    ---I may be broke---but we have plenty of wood---

I know that most Woodcraft stores have a small selection of jewelry box inserts. You just push them into the box.

Quote Originally Posted by Gary Max
    Oh remember buying jewelry and power tools go hand and hand.
    Ha. If there is money left over to buy the tools that is. I remember when buying her ring about the sliding table saw, minimax bandsaw, and many other large items I could purchase instead.. Or just about a CAR. She got a 2.5 carat ring I see that sliding table saw and other tools on her finger every time she walks buy...

Just kidding.. Kinda... She is worth it though

Good idea about ebay too

If you decide to go

If you decide to go the ebay route try typing in Koa and look at the jewelry boxes. My next look would be for hancrafted boxes. Not as many good boxes there, but are some. Get her something nice. Put some good tuff in the plus column. Life is full of ups and downs. You may need some pluses. If you decide to build your own try looking at one of Doug Stowes books or Tony Lydgates books. I have been inspired by both of them.
    Last edited by Ken Salisbury; 09-26-2004 at 4:48 AM.

I am defiantly building it myself, I was just going on ebay to get some ideas of box designs. Buying her one won't mean all that much.

Thanks for the advice