Thread: It's Such Terrible Time of Year.....

It's Such Terrible Time of Year.....

I get bummed out this time of year. It is dark when I get home from work and all I can do is go out to the shop after dinner. It is too dark to cut firewood, etc. No snow yet to shovel , but it will be coming shortly. Alll I can do is work in the shop.
    Thank you,

Rich Aldrich

65 miles SE of Steve Schlumpf.

"To a pessimist, the glass is half empty; to an optimist, the glass is half full; to an engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be." Unknown author

Nobody said it was easy.
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney

What can a guy say? Life's tough and then you die!
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

For me there's three scenarios:

Either it's too hot and humid...

It's too dark and cold...

Or the third scenario is when the weather is "just perfect", but then there's always something else going on where you can't be at home working...

I know what you mean. I wish daylight savings time had never been enacted here in Michigan. I'd much rather have an extra bit of light AFTER work. Oh well, so it goes. Hope you have a pleasant winter up there...I love the UP, particularly the Keewanaw Pennisula. Unfortunately, except for vacation time, I'm banished to be a troll under the bridge.

Uh...DST means you have an extra hour of daylight in the evening during the summer If we had DST year round, you would have that extra hour. But it just ended.

Rich;
    Enjoy each day now, no matter what. It won't be long till you're up to your hips in snow.
    According to the weather maps, you're getting some today.
    Never, under any circumstances, consume a laxative and sleeping pill, on the same night

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Meiser View Post
    Uh...DST means you have an extra hour of daylight in the evening during the summer If we had DST year round, you would have that extra hour. But it just ended.

Yeah brain fart time for me. I guess for me the issue is when we return to regular EST in the fall, and the light at 7 pm was yesterdays 8 pm light, it messes me up for a week . Same with 'springing forward' to DST in the spring, it takes a few days to adjust. I guess the short daylight hours is the underlying thing here and there sure isn't much to do but roll with the season... or hibernate.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Tsutsui View Post
    For me there's three scenarios:

Either it's too hot and humid...

It's too dark and cold...

Or the third scenario is when the weather is "just perfect", but then there's always something else going on where you can't be at home working...
    add "and rain" to all that and you are talking about the Pacific Northwest
    fledgling weekend warrior