Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: My first CNC experience was last night...

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Alexander View Post
    Bob, for my shop that I built which is 25' x 48' I had it insulated with foam. About 3" thick. It absorbs alot of the sounds of my tools. The only noise coming out of my shop is the small exhaust blower I have for my laser. If it were not for the small door window casting out light at night my wife would not know where I was at. You might want to look at this website for soundproofing tips.
    soundproofing101.com.
    Ah yes, good old soundproofing101! In my previous life, I was planning to convert my garage into a recording studio.

I'm *hoping* what I'm doing is going to be sufficient. If it's not, I'll end up having to do something like risilient channels and another layer of drywall. I'm thinking I should be O.K. though.

If the shop is too loud I'll just stick some big speakers out front and blast music. That way the neighbors won't hear the machinery.
    CAMaster CR-408 Cobra X3

Quote Originally Posted by james mcgrew View Post
    bryan stop and imediatly go to building suppy center and get a sheet of pink or blue insulation foam!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jim
    I was looking for this foam in Home Depot last week, but the only insulation foam I could find was almost $30 a sheet!

Do you have a link to this stuff online, that I can use as a point of reference?
    CAMaster CR-408 Cobra X3

Quote Originally Posted by Bryan Cowan View Post
    Thanks Steve, but that website's lack of organization makes me want to run away really fast. I think I found an appropriate end mill from McMaster for $15. They will be delivered tomorrow.
    it kind of sucks for sure but the bits prices are good. but they could use a better site it is a bit odd.
    Steve knight
    cnc routing

Bryan

Sounds like you are getting the hang of things. Keep up the good work.
    Joey Jarrard
    US Router Tools